Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Change Windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Default Change Windshield wipers

I have an O2 Mazda Milly. I will be changing the wipers soon. I noticed that the wipers are kinda below the hood. How do I change them. I tried pulling them up but it was too hard and I did not wanna risk breaking them. Also abybody have suggestions on the best wipers for my baby milly.

holla @cha boi,
Pharard

Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Default RE: Change Windshield wipers

Pharard,
I recently changed mine and had a hard time too, trying to figure it out. You are correct. You can't raise them very high at all, but raise them as high as they will go without straining them. On the underside, there is a little lever. And you have to strain to see it on the underside. You have to press that lever, up ( if I remember correctly). While doing this, your free hand should be pulling/pushing the blade part away from you and out from the whole stationary part. I know this may sound as confusing as the directions I read in the manual, but you have to kinda work with it. Also, I went with the mazda blades for a 96Milly S. Question for you. What kind of repair shop do you use--dealer or other?

Sincerely,
cyberspace

Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Sure - to solve the "below the hood" problem simply sit in the car, turn the ignition key until you can turn the wipers on, wait for the wipers to move to a position where you can easily access them and quickly turn the ignition key off. The wipers will stay right where they are in mid-movement on the windshield.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 PM

hey guys thanks for the reply. Hey Cyberspace thanks for the instructions I was hoping that it was not just me. Right now I use my dealer b/c my car is still under warranty. At the same time I base it on what needs to be done. If its somethinsg simple I may have one of my homeboys do it or like if I need an oil change then I will take it to Jiffy Lube instead of the dealer. Why do you ask? Rcampora, that is such a great idea. The wild part about it is that I have done that before and it never dawned onme to do that.

I will keep you guys posted with my results.