Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

advice on keeping a '95 Millenia

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Default advice on keeping a '95 Millenia

I am seeking advice. First let me explain some history about my situation. I have a ’95 Millenia S with 104,000 miles on it. I have had an engine belt break, heater hose blow, and a new radiator during my ownership. I get the oil changed every 3-5000 miles. The car usually performs at an acceptable level for its age but does have its problems. It also needs a new windshield and some minor body work (front grille is broken, hood is wrinkled, and a prominent scrape on the rear passenger door). The engine has an annoying problem when idling where it stutters and bumps, which most often is very subtle. However, at most stoplights I slip it into neutral where it idles almost imperceptibly. It also shows the infamous “TCS off light” symptom and has done this randomly for a long time but without any noticeable consequences. Just in the last few days, however, it loses power and will not respond to the accelerator when the TCS off light comes on. I can usually baby it so the car will still function but I had to pull over yesterday and turn off the engine to reset the system. I have read that this problem might be a vacuum system leak most likely at the air bypass valve. My commute is about 20 miles and I stayed home today because I did not want to risk a breakdown. I just finished a 15-20 min test drive without a single problem concerning the TCS light/engine power problem; I am at a loss when trying to understand this car! If I were not upside down on my lien, I would get out of this car as soon as I could. Do I risk keeping it when working on the Miller cycle engines is costly and needs unique expertise? Do I try and trade for something better? The Mazda3 is a sweet ride.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Default RE: advice on keeping a '95 Millenia

right now im in the same boat i have a 95 2.5 and it has the same problem you described and i my self dont know what to do i have been told to check the fuel filter,fuel pump& the distributor ,someone even told me to check the accordein type hose by the mass air flow sensor i to am on the verge of junking my car this year is just to problematic.if you find a fix please let me know