Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Mazda Millenia Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Default 2000 Mazda Millenia Help please!

[&o]Hi, everyone! I need some help I just gota 2000 Mazda Millenia 2.3 Superchargealmost 2 years ago from my brother, and now that I'm almost finishing paying it off it's giving me problems. 2wks after I got it, the check engine light came on... didn't pay no mind to it some how we got to turn it off. but after a couple of days came back on again ok, still didn't pay no mind to it. had no problems till a couple of months ago that the TCS/TCS OFF lights came up. Now when they come up while driving the car will start to stutter and I can't keep my RPM's up.which is very annoying. I tryed to push TCS button below the shift **** to turn off but it doesn't do anything at all. I just have to shift to neutral and restart the car (off to on), then problem goes awaybut then after a little while they come up again. Now 4 days ago I noticed that my check engine lightis continually blinking and when I turn the car on it stutter all the time. Really don't know what to do. I just took the car to AutoZone yesterday and they scanned it and gave me this codes which I'm not sure what they are. P0302, P0404, P1110, P1402, P1526, P1540 It's the only car that I have to go to work and move around. And don't know if will be able to fix or not. Can anyone help me please? Will appreciate your help.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Default RE: 2000 Mazda Millenia Help please!

P0302=missfire, cyl #2. this is the bank closest to the radiator. cyl's 2-4-6. spark plug or coil
0404=EGR circuit/range/performance. i would first check vacuum lines, then solenoid. pull the egr valve and clean it, too
1110=intake air temp sensor, open or short. iirc, this sensor is right next to the maf. you will see 2 plugs, one is the maf, the other is this sensor. check the connections first
1402=EGR valve position sensor open or short. this is related to 0404, and one can affect the other
1526=ABV solenoid valve(vacuum) open or short. this could also be related to 0404/1402, possible vacuum line break, and/or stuck solenoid
1540=ABV control system malfunction. if you fix 1526, this will go away.

when the ce lite is blinking, that means DO NOT drive the car. doing so will fubar the engine. with all these codes, i can see why. what fooling around/work has recently been done to the motor? sounds like some jackass wannabe "mechanic" is in WAY over his head.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:18 PM

I would like to Thank you for trying to help me out. I'm going to check in to that, and hopefully I will have my car running smoothly like before. I'm just worried cuz I don't know what will happen since I've been driving the car back and forth all week. So, hopefully I won't spend to much money fixing it. But I will let you know how things will end up, since I'mgetting fix this weekend.Well I hope! Thanks you so much.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:40 PM

are you sure no one messed with your motor before all this started? basic rule of thumb, you take care of the lower numbers first. the missfire(0302) is what's making the ce lite blink. keep driving it, and you will(or already have) kill the precat. that's another 700 bucks, plus gaskets, labor, yada, yada. i bet the car is in limp home mode, hence the tcs/hold lites on. if you are paying someone to repair the car, i hope you get someone that knows what a millenia is.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 AM

sorry it took me so long 2 get bck at ya. Well, I really would like 2 thx u 4 the help everything turn out just like u had mention before. we changed everythingeven the sparkplugs. now my car is running like a baby again. the only problem is that my check engine is still on but not blinking anymore. I took the car 2 autozone and they said that I have 2 drive the car 40miles so it can go off. reason is because the erased I think it was the memory or something. but haven't being able 2 drive the car that far. especially with this gas going up the sky. but hopefully I will do it this weekend coming up. Now another thing I have 2 get is the tierods the started to sound pretty ugly wen I drive the car. the good new is that I got my car bck and I didn't get 2 spend so much money on it. just about $200.00 that's about it. Again thnx a lot 4 helping me out.