Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Mazda Millenia

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:39 PM

hey keninn, I guess i am gonna try the plugs today, I was wondering what is the other millenia site you are talking about. Do I need any gaskets, i.e. intake gasket, or should i be ok without. I am gonna get to the front plugs first especially #6 to see what the heck is going on there. I started the car this morning and it is still missing. What fun I have ahead of me. Just let me know what the other site address is. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by rpmautotire
hey keninn, I guess i am gonna try the plugs today, I was wondering what is the other millenia site you are talking about. Do I need any gaskets, i.e. intake gasket, or should i be ok without. I am gonna get to the front plugs first especially #6 to see what the heck is going on there. I started the car this morning and it is still missing. What fun I have ahead of me. Just let me know what the other site address is. Thanks.
http://forums.mazdaworld.org/100-millenia/

you will have to register. they changed the format a while ago, and i cant get back on, so i havent been back there. the search feature used to suck, too. there is a third site, it is run by a real idiot that go banned from the .org site, and he wont let me on there, either. which is fine for me, because i get a lot of comments from people who dont like my direct approach. both our cars are running fine, and we plan to keep them a bit longer.

i reuse the gaskets, there will be one on each intercooler, and another on the egr valve. they are both metal, and i recoat them with a bit of hylomar. any silicon seal will work, tho. the clamps on the ic connectors are a pain, i get the screw type clamps and replace them. also, there are a couple hoses on the rear bank under the solenoids that have to come off, and again, i replace the clamps with the screw type. be real careful pulling the connectors off the coils. you gotta press down on a tab, then slide the connector off. if you dont press it far enough, and you pry too hard, you will break off the lock tab on the coil, and the connector can come off. what i do is push down on the tab with a screwdriver, then with another, i put it between the connector and the coil, and twist it. this starts the connector moving, and once that is done, you wont break anything. if you do pull the rear ic, there is one nut that is hidden, and you gotta get to it by feel. 12mm wrench size.

Last edited by keninn; 09-02-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by keninn
there is a third site, it is run by a real idiot that go banned from the .org site, and he wont let me on there, either. which is fine for me,
The third site is http://www.mazdaworld.net

It's not a bad site. It has an extensive tech section. I didn't have any issues with signing up at that site - nor, with the manner in which it's run.

///BHRpowered ?? He's funny as hell.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 AM

Hey keninn, well got the plugs changed yesterday, what a task that was. I found why I had the miss, plug #6 was burnt and the electrode was gone. I found oil in 4 out of the 6 plugs wells #5 and #6 were dry. The other 4 cylinders were full of oil. I cleaned them very good and put silicon around the seals in the wells. The other thing I noticed was when i looked down the wells in the front the top of the pistons were coated black in oil, not from the oil going down when i pulled the plugs, looks like they have been like that for a while. Now the miss is gone, but when you go to tramp on it there is a major hesitation, and then it picks up and goes. The P1524 code is back in it. Do you think that code is causing my hesitation, or am I looking at burnt rings. It smokes pretty bad when you start it in the morning. The smell is for sure burnt oil. It seems like this car has seen its day. Was wonderin what you thought.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 AM

the smoke could be excess oil, but i am not good enough to answer that. you can try the seafoam deal, where you suck in seafoam or a like chemical into the intakes, and then let it soak. we used to do this years ago with a way better product called 44k, sold by the bg company out of wichita, ks. a can would be sucked into the intake, then the car shut down for several hours. then start it, and drive it like a stolen rental. it would clean the combustion chambers pretty good. it could be valve stem seals, those would be a major job. you might want to try a hi mileage oil, they have additives that will soften hard seals, but there is not a lot you can do if the seals are gone. for rings, again, the bg people make a product called motor purge. you drain oil, put in fresh, and this purge. then start and run the engine at hi idle(1200-1500) for an hour. then change oil and filter. works excellent on stuck rings. long term, you can use a fuel system treatment like lucas, and add a bit each fillup for several months. a really good way to squeaky clean the combustion chambers is water injection. i had this on my turbo cars, and it makes the pistons look like new. the plugs stay so clean, you cannot read them, they always look like new.

the 1524 is again the ic bypass. if you go back to that picture of the top of the engine, where the abv is shown, and follow it to the 9 oclock position, you will see a cover with 4 bolts. right next to the left upper bolt is the dashpot that activates the charge bypass. follow that vacuum line, and you will probably see a leak. or the solenoid that operates it could be bad. i think part of your hesitation could be solved by the use of a good fuel SYSTEM cleaner, and more than 1 treatment. i buy the lucas treatment by the gallon, and put it in a lot. i have one of the small bottles, i just use it to measure what i need, then put it in the tank.

i would think that the oil contamination is going to kill the precats. if you think the spark plug job was a chore, changing a pre cat will make you wish you could do the plugs again.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Default miller cycle vac diagrahm

this has help me alot,most of my problems have been vacuum related.i even had two selonoids swithched.they had the same KEYED electrical plug and got swapped along the way. check out the rest of this site,has alot of helpful info and pictures to

http://milleniatech.net/vachoses/kj/