Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

1999 Mazda Millenia S 2.3 Miller Cycle Engine EGR system

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Default 1999 Mazda Millenia S 2.3 Miller Cycle Engine EGR system

It seems to me there is no thread about the EGR system of 2.3L Miller Cycle engine here (Supercharged).

I am keep on getting P1402 from this car.

and when you are driving for quite of a time (not too long)

the engine starts to shake because vacuum that goes into the EGR valve is stuck in there and leave the EGR valve open.

I tried to replace the Vent Valve & vacuum valve that shut on/off the vacuum that applies to EGR but no luck.

Anyone has an idea? parts are ridiculously expensive for these so i cant juss go on and order the parts.

ps. havent replaced the EGR valve itself yet tho.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:00 AM

you need to go to mazdaworld.org. you will have to register, then go to the millenia section. there are more posts about the egr problem, i had one that ate my lunch. you can check the sensor on top of the valve, if you have access to a fsm, the procedure is in there. i did this, but i am not sure it actually tells if the valve is bad. one person did a temp fix with a "T" inline, and the open end, he put a tiny orfrice so that the vacuum would be slowly released. i could disconnect the egr vacuum line, and it does the same thing. the car will run, but it will throw the egr code, so ce will illuminate. also, the car will not go into torque lockup. you will have to cap off the disconnected vacuum line if you do this, and ce lite will not go out.