Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

02 Millenia s Probs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Default 02 Millenia s Probs

I have a love/hate relationship w my car. Had it about 8 months.
Car looks great n has good power.
However, I have run into probs after probs.
I've so far figured n fixed issues.
Now I need some advice/help
Trans.- when cold reverse doesn't work. Sometimes if I hold my footbrake n Rev the engine, it engages. Now it does the same thing in D only.
RPM- now I can't really drive it because while driving w car in gear, it can't accelerate unless I ease my way into the pedal. If I take it out of gear n Rev the motor, although it doesn't sound exactly right, the car has no issues.
Could these 2 probs somehow be related?
I'm thinking the RPM could be a vacuum leak, but I'm not sure.
So I'm gonna hook it up to a scanner asap.
Any suggestions?
Anyways, Stay tuned 4 updates!
Much Mahalo

Last edited by sibarras; 07-07-2016 at 07:21 PM. Reason: more info 2 add
Old 07-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Not thinking the problems are related. Trans issue is a failure internally and might be stemming from multiple areas. Has to be checked hands on

Vacuum leak would have to be bad enough to destroy your idle quality. Fuel pressure, misfire under load from coil, wire or plug would be a place to go look first.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:53 PM

Thanx Sparky.
well yesterday I checked some vaccuum lines n found a couple of um cracked n I changed them. started car n problem became worse. in order 4 get the RPM up, I had to ease into throttle. the idle was more erratic, as though it was gonna die out, but never did. Also, when I start the car up on the 1st try, it starts then stops. After that it starts rt up.
So u think I should abandon my idea?
my plan today is 2 get a scanner n hook it up 2 see if it'll detect any issues. Then go from there.
oh, n i also noticed the charge ait cooler bypass actuator wasn't opening when I revved the motor up. Could that b related to what I'm experiencing?
Once again I thank u

Last edited by sibarras; 07-11-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: wrong info
Old 07-12-2016, 02:59 PM

E.G.R. will open under a driving load, so not seeing any movement just throttling up in the driveway is good. I'm back to fuel pressure and also the air tube between the filter and throttle body. Check engine light on? Scanner would definitely be a good place to start.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:01 AM

pulled the 3 front plugs. They all have black carbon deposits on them. I changed the abv solenoid valve due 2 the plastic connector to the vaccuum hose being broken off. I can @ least drive the car now, but I have to ease into the pedal, or it will stall.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by sibarras
pulled the 3 front plugs. They all have black carbon deposits on them. I changed the abv solenoid valve due 2 the plastic connector to the vaccuum hose being broken off. I can @ least drive the car now, but I have to ease into the pedal, or it will stall.
Originally Posted by Sparky202
Not thinking the problems are related. Trans issue is a failure internally and might be stemming from multiple areas. Has to be checked hands on

Vacuum leak would have to be bad enough to destroy your idle quality. Fuel pressure, misfire under load from coil, wire or plug would be a place to go look first.
ok I got me a scan tool.plugged it in n ot read a P0100 code
MAF sensor circuit A wiring (black/blue wire).
Now what should I do to find/fix my problem?

Old 07-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Default Problem Resolved.

Well, I tried cleaning MAF sensor,
Traced every wire on circuit A that starts from pcm n ends @ a common ground on the body.
Then I tested the other 2 connections on the sensor.
All wires checked out good.
So I tried cleaning sensor again, even tried the 1 on my 2nd parts millenia w a slight improvement.
So the end result was to get a new $210 sensor. Problem solved, or is it?
Hooked up my scanner, n pulled P0100 n P1250. So I cleared the codes n ran diagnostics again. This time only a yellow warning shows on possible P1250 code shows. Car runs awesome, n I'm hoping this will clear in due time.
Now I gotta ck n do motor mounts. Stay tuned