Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

MX-5 NC turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Default MX-5 NC turbo kit

I just inherited an after-market turbo-charger from my son's Mazdespeed Miata (he's going back to the stock turbo). I have a 2006 2.0 NC that could use a boost. where would I go to get the neccessary bits to graft this set-up together?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 PM

it depends on the options that you want. the options are endless here. bottom line is that you are going to be on your own as far as parts. there aren't a lot of NC turbo parts out there unless you buy a complete kit.

i always recommend going with a cast iron manifold on anything that isn't a show car. i wouldn't really know where to find one though. a local custom shop should be able to cut and weld you a down pipe and manifold without a problem. it will be tubular though. low boost applications should be easy to cool. a custom intercooler would be a good idea here if you have some fabrication skills. if not, you can spend the bigger money on a pre-built intercooler set-up. local custom shop should be able to handle that. i have a few recommendations in the links below.

Flyin' Miata : NC MX-5 : : FM ECU reflash by Dynotronics
Air to Water Intercooler
Intercooler Pipe Fabrication - Silicone Intake Systems Auto Parts

other than those, you need to rely on local experts.