Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

MazdaSpeed Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Default MazdaSpeed Engine

Hi everyone!

My step-father recently blew his engine (I'm not sure exactly how) on his 2005 Mazda Miata speed , with turbocharger. He has tasked me with trying to find him a new engine to install in the car. He is a great lover of this car and does not care how much it costs to buy a new engine and have it installed. He says he would prefer to find a new engine instead of buying one used.

The problem has been with finding a replacement engine for the car. I have contacted Mazda dealerships, and several parts dealers to no avail. I have also spent long hours searching through google trying to find one, and have again not had much luck. The one engine I was able to find, was from "Car Moneys", the reviews from past customers of theirs leave me a little apprehensive, have any of you dealt with them before?
Would anyone here know of a good car parts website I may have missed? If I cannot find this specific engine are there any alternative engines that may fit the car?

Thank you for your help!

-Brad