Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

90 Miata

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Default 90 Miata

Just bought a 1990 miata. It ran goos after installing new battery. Now it won't start. Check #1 plug good spark. Pulled fuel line got fuel to engine. Pull air box to get fresh air. New to miata or anything other than old GM products. Has my screen name implies into off road but in hawaii gas expensive so got miata for fuel mileage. It ran good for two days even went on ride around island ran great parked it on incline driveway for about 4 hours now won't start. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

email: swamperjeep90@hotmail.com

Old 10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: 90 Miata

Hey Scott hope I am wrong but the 1990 had timing gear issues and that is what you may be experiencing. mine had the keyway groove on the crankshaft wear to the point the timing became retarded to the point that it would not start. How well did it run when you had it? mine had a noticeable power loss when accelerating. not until above 3500 did it begin to make power. hope this helps