Mazda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Forum for members experiencing problems with the board or those who have suggestions to make the forum better.

At the end of our rope!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 06:33 PM
Default At the end of our rope!

My soon to be ex-husband thought it would be a great idea to pour water into the gas tank of my 2008 Tribute Hybrid. We have drained the tank, left it to "dry", changed the fuel filter, refilled with high octane gas, and added Heat to the fuel. It started briefly (5/10 secs) and then died. Apparently at some point the gentalmen working on it decided to "reset the key fob" by disconnecting the battery, zip tying the cables together, and allowing it to sit overnight. This is supposed to clear the components (?) Now it will not start at all. He says it's because the cables got reconnected incorrectly. I have not the slightest idea of what he is referring too. I am at a loss and in desperate need to get this thing on the road again. Your input/ guidance is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Myst; 03-09-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 11:09 AM

The F/I (fuel injection) system needs to be professionally cleaned using a fuel injection service system.
Continued attempts starting as you described could damage fuel injection components in the system.

I recommend going to one of the shops in Auburn that actually have an ASE working for them. There are a few. Or the surrounding area like Newcastle, Grass Valley Lincon, Roseville and Rocklin. And countless shop in the Sacramento Valley is all having ASE's working for them. A couple may have a reasonable towing service to get your Mazda to them.
I do recommend whomever is working on your Mazda no you don't use them anymore......

Old 03-15-2024, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
The F/I (fuel injection) system needs to be professionally cleaned using a fuel injection service system.
Continued attempts starting as you described could damage fuel injection components in the system.

I recommend going to one of the shops in Auburn that actually have an ASE working for them. There are a few. Or the surrounding area like Newcastle, Grass Valley Lincon, Roseville and Rocklin. And countless shop in the Sacramento Valley is all having ASE's working for them. A couple may have a reasonable towing service to get your Mazda to them.
I do recommend whomever is working on your Mazda no you don't use them anymore......
Ty for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I 100% agree and have since let him go. He is no longer causing anymore damage. I have also taken the Mazda in to have it cleaned. Come to find out my Anti-theft system won't disarm. Ty again for your help with this.