Mazda CX-90 The new three row SUV from Mazda!

2023 cx 90

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 07:23 PM
Question 2023 cx 90

I really like what I have read about the new, untested 2023 CX90, and also very interested in a luxury vehicle sans the high prices. Should I go for the I6 turbo or wait until more adequate testing and actual owner driving results to make my decision. I have always liked the CX9, but bought a 2021 Highlander XSE instead as a result of my test drive with the 2021 CX9. The vehicle appeared under-powered for its weight. I am still in the market for a Mazda.

Old 01-12-2023, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by MrBillMazda
I really like what I have read about the new, untested 2023 CX90, and also very interested in a luxury vehicle sans the high prices. Should I go for the I6 turbo or wait until more adequate testing and actual owner driving results to make my decision. I have always liked the CX9, but bought a 2021 Highlander XSE instead as a result of my test drive with the 2021 CX9. The vehicle appeared under-powered for its weight. I am still in the market for a Mazda.

Seriously? The CX-9 has incredible acceleration, especially for it's size

Old 01-14-2023, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by MrBillMazda
I really like what I have read about the new, untested 2023 CX90, and also very interested in a luxury vehicle sans the high prices.
I too am driving a 2021 Highlander XSE and was disappointed to learn that Toyota has gone to 4-cylinder turbo for the new Highlanders. When I discovered that Mazda was going to 6-cylinders with the upcoming CX-90 and CX-70, I became very interested in the CX-70 because I don't need that third row seating. I joined this forum this morning to stay up to date on the new Mazdas. I'm looking forward to "Mazda Forum" adding a CX-70 section.

Old 01-19-2023, 04:00 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by AL904
I too am driving a 2021 Highlander XSE and was disappointed to learn that Toyota has gone to 4-cylinder turbo for the new Highlanders. When I discovered that Mazda was going to 6-cylinders with the upcoming CX-90 and CX-70, I became very interested in the CX-70 because I don't need that third row seating. I joined this forum this morning to stay up to date on the new Mazdas. I'm looking forward to "Mazda Forum" adding a CX-70 section.
I too am most interested in the CX70 or possibly the CX-90 with the 3.3L Turbo in line 6. Mazda just recently announced it will be a 3.3L turbo, 340 HP, 369 lb-ft of torque coupled to an 8 speed in house trany. & AWD, real drive rear bias. It sure sounds interesting. If it performs as does the BMW 6, it will be a real treat. The issue...............
Buying a first year brand new engine/trany design is being the guinea pig for Mazda. You know there's going to be issues for first and second year models. I'd wait until model year 3 and then hope for the best. The tried and true 2.5L turbo with the new electrification might be the safest way to go on the early CX-70s' & CX-90's.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
The issue...............
Buying a first year brand new engine/trany design is being the guinea pig for Mazda. You know there's going to be issues for first and second year models.
I have to agree with you, CEB!

Old 01-20-2023, 12:39 PM

You all know that when a new design is engineered that several dozen or more are tested in different area's and even some are given to independent companies that do new design testing and evaluations. This is done at least a year or more before the new designs are made into a production. This has been going on for over 4 decades or more. There is no guarantee that any specific make or model for any auto manufacture will be trouble free. The waiting game is really so old school in thought I am surprised even reading about it anymore.

Well I am sure some will be the proud new and happy owners of the newest MAZDAs that comes out and all other's that wait based on wait and see will just that have to wait until they get one. LOL

Old 01-28-2023, 03:43 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by Callisto
You all know that when a new design is engineered that several dozen or more are tested in different area's and even some are given to independent companies that do new design testing and evaluations. This is done at least a year or more before the new designs are made into a production. This has been going on for over 4 decades or more. There is no guarantee that any specific make or model for any auto manufacture will be trouble free. The waiting game is really so old school in thought I am surprised even reading about it anymore.

Well I am sure some will be the proud new and happy owners of the newest MAZDAs that comes out and all other's that wait based on wait and see will just that have to wait until they get one. LOL
"The waiting game is really so old school in thought I am surprised even reading about it anymore" We all have our opinions but, jump on the internet. There is article, after article, after article stating that buying a first year model vehicle is a mistake. Why would all state the same thing if there was no truth basis? Several dozen 1st year models being tested prior to production can't possibly expose all the faults in design, engineering, materials, manufacturing practices, etc., etc., of a first year model.
Have you never burnt buying a first or second year (new) model vehicle? I have once and I was upside down when trying to unload the 1st year piece of crap because of its quality reputation.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:20 AM

Well the internet is full of less than the best and fact based information. Many models don't show problems their first production year out and usually issues pop up a year or even 2 years down the line. There is no perfect production vehicle and mostly because the testing prior the production runs are never extensive and for obvious reason need to be done in a timely manor to keep the business afloat so to say. Going back on the internet I think that anyone would be hard to find true facts in numbers vs faults and then try to arrow down and eliminate related information that will exponentially grow and get added to the reported complaints and issues.
The fact is if you were authorized to actually use TSB information you would find that there are so many problems with just about every auto manufacture and model every year. You just dont all go to the extent to read them but only search for TSB you think are relevant to your platform and model?

I recieve in 2009 a safety recall for a rear seat retractor from my purchased new 2002 car. That was 7 years after it was manufactured, and it was a BMW . LOL

Chrysler published a engine TSB "fix" for model and engine 1999-2003 issued in 2005 because of an over oiling issue. So that was 6 years after that engine was manufactured? SIDE NOTE: the fix was a small plastic part... I offered an aluminum one that had different sizes so one could take advantage of the extra oil on a TURBO model engine.

Lets not forget the original PINTO... rolmao

My point as always is the internet is often time not the best place to get factual information. And waiting for the second-year production of any platform and model if you look at whom authored those wait and see I think be hard pressed to find any true facts and even bean counter facts to support those wait and see thoughts? That is IMHO until proven empirically inaccurate! LOL

I have personally purchased and register over 200 vehicles so far in my life, maybe over 100+ for a resale intent consisting of new vehicle dealer trades and auction buys? Of them I have purchased for myself new maybe 7? I would need to really think about that one.
The first new was a Datsun 240Z first year production,1978 z28 first year of new model Camaro,1982 Camaro first year of new model, 2002 BMW MINI first year EVER made with newly formed MINI, can't say as I remember any having less than normal things that needed attention to them. Nothing I would have waited until the following year before buying them. Sure, we could say the Camaros were already existing running gear and chassis, but not the Datsun or MINI. Completely brand new to the worldwide market.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-29-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:17 PM

Is the transmission more responsive in normal mode? Does the TPM System show which tire(s) are low? Are the A pillars still so massive they block pedestrians in city driving? Is the USB Music System 128GB capable with Genre, Artist, Song and Playlist or same crappy system as current gen?

Old 02-18-2023, 05:25 PM
CEB

Hmmm...I'm kind of surprised there are so few comments on the newly introduced, highly hyped CX-90 It looks to be the best vehicle Mazda has come up with thus far in their history.

Quick Reply: 2023 cx 90