Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Various Tidbits of a new owner ESPECIALY Xenon lights...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Default Various Tidbits of a new owner ESPECIALY Xenon lights...

First of all I am very very impressed with the CX-9 and the service from the dealers. I had some issues when I bought it and the majority were fixed. I also had a pull to the left and vibration from a tire thrugh the steering wheel. Thsi was resolved by a 4 wheel alighnment and balancing of all tires. Everything was out of synch with manufactures guidelines.

I am not a big fan about where they placed the remote starter unit. Near the top of the front windshield abut the frame...looks nasty from there. Also as a note. If you get a new Sirius in your Mazda they are not able to pick up the best of XM. They say it shoudl be ready in three months.

Probably the most disturbing feature/issue is the Xeon lights. Instead of a perfect arc in front I actually have a jut in the middle. They say the lights are aligned but I still have this issue. It arcs lets say from left to right, then approximately half way through the arc there is a straight lined upwards to the beginning of the rest of the arc. It is very very frustrating and distracting. Anyone else experiencing this?? Thoughts.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Default RE: Various Tidbits of a new owner ESPECIALY Xenon lights...

More than likely,that is for the right hand rule of the road(more lighting on the right for the shoulder and less glare for on coming traffic).

Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 PM

I actually have never seen the issue you're describing with the lights. Does it make a difference how high or low you set the aiming of them?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 PM

I've seen what you're talking about actually now, I just didn't understand your description at first. I just don't get to test drive a customer's vehicle when it's dark very often heh. It's a matter of adjusting the individual headlights, and that can be leveled out. If you want to keep working with that dealer, see if you can catch them when the service dept. is still open when it's dark enough, so you can demonstrate what you're talking about. Even during the day though in my shop, I can shut the two garage doors, position the car aiming straight at the correct distance away from one of them (it's specified in the workshop manual), turn on the lights, and see well enough what's going on to set them even at the proper height.