Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Tell me about Mazda CX-9 2017

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 03:02 PM
DRM
Default Tell me about Mazda CX-9 2017

Hi, guys! I`m from Ukraine. I plan to buy SUV Mazda CX-9 2017, but unfortunality this car will be availible only January, 2018. So, I have some questions, hope you can help me.
1) What about dynamic 0-100 km\h? I saw about 7.6-8.0 sec on some YouTube video, but what is your expiriance? Is it fast or slow?
2) What about bracet? soft or hard?
3) What you can tell about new 2/5 Turbo engine? As I know Mazda`s SkyActive non repairable? It`s true? what is the resource of this engine? Does it has turbo-lag?
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2017, 03:59 PM

1) We just brought home the CX 9 three days ago. I cannot give you number, but it is FAST. I mean F A S T. It's faster than my Infiniti FX35 with a v6 engine.
2) Bracet? What is that? If you can't find the English word you can write it in Russian. I know enough Russian to be dangerous.
3) Turbo lag? None. The engine design is spectacular. As I said fast. Handling is unbelievable. IMO better than Porsche Cayenne, better than BMW 525XI. Far better than X5... or anything in its class.

My only real complaint with the car is that Mazda has not fully developed its "Connect" system. Not fully integrated for Android nor does it have CarPlay for Apple iPhone- but they keep promising to update it (for at least 7 months). That's all I can tell you.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DRM
Hi, guys! I`m from Ukraine. I plan to buy SUV Mazda CX-9 2017, but unfortunality this car will be availible only January, 2018. So, I have some questions, hope you can help me.
1) What about dynamic 0-100 km\h? I saw about 7.6-8.0 sec on some YouTube video, but what is your expiriance? Is it fast or slow?
2) What about bracet? soft or hard?
3) What you can tell about new 2/5 Turbo engine? As I know Mazda`s SkyActive non repairable? It`s true? what is the resource of this engine? Does it has turbo-lag?
Thanks!
I am in the USA and have the 2016 CX-9 with 2.5 turbo. I have seen that it is .2 sec faster 0-60mph than the last CX-9's 3.7 v6 which was considered class leading. This car is not slow, easily takes off faster than most v6 SUV's AND gets way better gas milage. I also have a 2014 Mazda 6 sedan with the non-turbo 2.5 4cyl. and the CX-9 will blow it away.

Don't know what a "bracet" is.

If the reliability of my 4 year old Mazda 6 is any indication this car will be very reliable. Consumer Reports gives it high marks for that.

There is almost no turbo lag due to the dual inlet design of the turbo.

I would absolutely buy this car again, cheers.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Speed off the line? F A S T !!! Better than most 6 cylinder cars. 80mph you feel that you're doing 50mph

NO turbo lag at all.

What is "bracet"?

I have driven many higher end vehicles, particularly SUV's including X5's, X3's, BMW 525Xi, a number of Infinifitis (I've owned two FX35's), Lexus (owned two RX300's, Porche Cayenne... and the CX 9 would be my choice over all of them as a "driver's car". It flies off the line, stable in corners, extremely (maybe too) smooth at high speed. If you buy one, be on the look out for the полиция
. You can get lulled into driving way about the speed limit and you'll never feel it.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:41 PM

Speed off the line? F A S T !!! Better than most 6 cylinder cars. 80mph you feel that you're doing 50mph

NO turbo lag at all.

What is "bracet"?

I have driven many higher end vehicles, particularly SUV's including X5's, X3's, BMW 525Xi, a number of Infinifitis (I've owned two FX35's), Lexus (owned two RX300's, Porche Cayenne, Volkswagen Touareg... and the CX 9 would be my choice over all of them as a "driver's car". It flies off the line, stable in corners, extremely (maybe too) smooth at high speed. If you buy one, be on the look out for the полиция. You can get lulled into driving way about the speed limit and you'll never feel it.