Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Default Remote Start

Just leased a 2015 Grand Touring and had dealer install remote start. I was very disappointed to see the remote start antenna installed on the windshield of the passenger side. It is at the top of the windshield and in clear view. I'm shocked by this amateur looking device compounded by the fact the remote start could not be incorporated in the key fob and includes a 2nd key fob. Dealer is willing to uninstall. I'm curious if others have had it installed and in different locations such as side pillar or under dash. Also, anyone using after market remote start? Dealer tries to scare you into thinking after market will void warranty but this install looks like after market. Mazda needs to stop neglecting the technology.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

An aftermarket remote start installed will void the warranty on the whole electrical system. Also I would be worried about doing that on a leased vehicle that they may charge you to remove it when you turn it in. Mazda does state to mount the antenna on the windshield for best results. I can email you the directions if you would like to look at them. It may help you to find a better spot. Assuming you have a CX-9 Grand Touring.