Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Newbie - 2008 Luxury Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 04:06 AM
Default Newbie - 2008 Luxury Bluetooth?

Hello, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2008 CX9 Lux after a few months of wading through Klugers, Muranos, Lexus RX, ML Mercs, Volvo XC60/90, Territory etc. The CX9 has won me over in build quality, style, comfort and space inside, driving dynamics and that wonderfully smooth and yet thirsty V6.

So I only had time to quickly look over the vehicle but it presented as new and has the Sat Nav screen. In the 10 minutes of fiddling with the buttons and skimming the manual I could not find any option for Bluetooth. When I pressed source I think there was a BT symbol but greyed out. I also note there is no 'phone' button on the LHS of the steering wheel...
When I got home I start reading about how some early CX9's where amazingly released without BT????

So I won't see the car for a few more days when I can properly check it over before signing. I'm trying to find out how I can ascertain if the car does have BT or not. I have read about a BT reset procedure that I can try but is there a simple way such as all Sat Nav units came with BT or can I plug the VIN in a website and it will tell me the options the car came with? What's the best way to know if it does have BT or not?

If it doesn't have BT I will be disappointed and just get a portable unit but I'm really hoping it does or maybe the BT module can be retro-fitted.

Your thoughts and advice on tracking this down is appreciated.
Cheers Justin
Like This