Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Made the switch. New 2018 CX-9 owner here..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BRnPA
SnowFlakeBear - Thanks for all the details. I bought a 2018 Grand Touring with 7k on it two weeks ago. Very fun to drive and am really liking the handling (and the gas mileage + 87 octane option as compared to my older MDX which requires 91 or greater) and all the little details in the cabin. Night driving is great with exceptional visibility. Comparing it to the newer MDXs, Highlanders, and similar vehicles I test drove, the Mazda has the best 'bang for the buck' and I feel it's a great value. And I really have to add this last bit: Both of the Acura dealers I visited had 'we are better than thou' attitudes and it really pissed me off. The Ford dealer I bought the CX-9 from was very easy to deal with and came down to a very reasonable price.
That's super awesome! Congratulations on getting the Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring! Yes, definitely we are enjoying this new car smell and at the same time we'll be ready for the winter in the West! :-) Even though we only have the Touring with Premium package, we really like it. It didn't have all the bells and whistles of the Grand Touring and Signature but we LOVE it! I wish we could've gone with the Grand Touring but it's all good we're happy with the Touring trim.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:36 PM
Default 2019 gt

Other than the lower body trim coming loose recently, I love mine. I would also like to see a usb port somewhere in front of the shifter.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by SnowFlakeBear
We have the CX-9 Touring with Premium Package
SnowFlakeBear, so you have the 4 cyl 250hp engine, right? Do you happen to know what your 0-60 time is? Also, when on the highway doing 65-70, if you floor it, does it put you back in the seat as it accelerates, just hear a lot of engine noise or ??? I am reading the Mazda site and it appears the CX9 always comes with third row seating, is this correct? No way to get just two rows? I was bit confused because it talked about offering either a bench second row or captain chairs and I was thinking if you get it with the bench, maybe it eliminates the third row, dunno. I like the size of the CX9 but don't really want third row seats.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Martino, I have a 2016 CX-9. About your questions...the engine is quite responsive, but there's no danger of whiplash from sudden acceleration. Switching the transmission to Sport mode gives crisper acceleration. I find it easily ample for passing. The 3rd row isn't an issue. A few people have taken the seats out, used the area for storage, and made a plywood cover to retain the flat cargo floor. I'm not familiar whether the newest version has seating options.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by PTguy
Martino, I have a 2016 CX-9. About your questions...the engine is quite responsive, but there's no danger of whiplash from sudden acceleration. Switching the transmission to Sport mode gives crisper acceleration. I find it easily ample for passing. The 3rd row isn't an issue. A few people have taken the seats out, used the area for storage, and made a plywood cover to retain the flat cargo floor. I'm not familiar whether the newest version has seating options.
Thanks PTguy,
Interesting that they took the third row out and replaced it with plywood, hmmm, I think I like that idea, sorta gives some hidden storage. Ok, thanks for your reply, at least I know I won't have to wear a neck brace after flooring it! :-0 Since I wrote my msg on the 12th, I've learned a ton from reading, watching videos, going to the Mazda site and I joined the other Mazda forum (Mazda247) which has been quite active and very helpful.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:09 PM

Not sure if this the right forum, but as a CX9 signature 2018 owner I am hoping someone can help. Having a hard time finding a suitable cell phone holder that doesn’t interfere with info screen or the air vents. I had one of the stick on magnetic ones that fit ok on the dash in front of the info screen and angled down so not to interfere with it, but the 3m sticky pad only lasts 3-6 months. Have not tried the suction versions yet as I don’t think they would adhere well to the dash. If anyone has a setup they like please pass along. Thanks in advance.