Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Help! Both rear windows stopped working at same time!

Old 04-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Default Help! Both rear windows stopped working at same time!

So about a month or so ago both of my rear windows stopped working completely. I thought maybe the passenger lock was on but nope. Driver cant control them and both individual controls stopped working as well. There is absolutely no sound when you push the buttons and absolutely nothing happens. Any ideas?
My husband thought fuse but wouldn't that mean all the windows would stop working since theres only one fuse for the windows?
Thank you so much! Hoping this is a DIY fix...my husband is pretty handy around a car.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Valerie Thatcher
So about a month or so ago both of my rear windows stopped working completely. I thought maybe the passenger lock was on but nope. Driver cant control them and both individual controls stopped working as well. There is absolutely no sound when you push the buttons and absolutely nothing happens. Any ideas?
My husband thought fuse but wouldn't that mean all the windows would stop working since theres only one fuse for the windows?
Thank you so much! Hoping this is a DIY fix...my husband is pretty handy around a car.
any luck? My Cx9 did this exact same thing today

Old 07-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Did someone accidently activate one of the child safety locks? That'll deactivate the windows as well as the licks.

Old 06-30-2023, 03:37 PM
Default Having the same issue

In having the exact same issue. It's only the 2 rear windows. I've checked ALL the fuses and they are good. I've replaced windows motors and the main driver's side switch with no luck. I can't believe there's nothing here or anywhere else on the internet about this problem. I've managed to get the one window that was down when this happened nearly all the way up, but there's still a very tiny gap. Please, someone out there has to know what's wrong and how to fix this.

Old 07-03-2023, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Time to get a test light, multimeter, jumper leads ( small) and a 12v power source and test the switches, wiring & motors.

Old 07-03-2023, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Time to get a test light, multimeter, jumper leads ( small) and a 12v power source and test the switches, wiring & motors.
Already done. New motor in one door, because I thought that was the problem. Tested both switches and window motors and they work. Main driver's side switches are good too.
I'm thinking it's in the DME possibly. I've seen in diagrams where it all goes back to a certain module in the computer. Just don't want to spend that kind of money unless I know for sure that's it, but I don't know what else it could be?