Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2017 cx-9 when can we expect at dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Default 2017 cx-9 when can we expect at dealers?

I test drove a 2016 cx-9 Touring AWD and will look to buy one. Given that now it's already 2017 thinking of waiting for the 2017 model year....any idea when the'17s will be available at dealers? As I understand 2016 is the redesigned year so it will be the same in 2017?

People who bought the 2016 Grand Touring could you please comment on whether the extras you got over the Touring is worth the extra $$. I'll be going with AWD regardless but not sure if I need the GT vs T.

Thanks for people posting in this forum.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 AM

You're correct about 2016 being the year that the redesigned CX-9 was released.
As to when those designated as 2017s will arrive at dealers, your guess is as good as mine.
A search doesn't reveal ANY at this time.

I purchased a GT and the extras are well worth the additional $ to me.
The full suite of "safety nannies" including radar (adaptive) cruise control, heads-up display, navigation, nicer upholstery, larger tires and wheels, some appearance upgrades, and numerous other things shown in the brochure or online are included.
I would have paid extra just for the radar cruise control alone ... Love it!

None of these things change the basic driving experience or utility, but the comfort, nicer appearance, and peace of mind offered by the advanced safety systems at what I consider to be a very fair price pushed me in that direction.

I also considered the Signature version since I like the rosewood trim and nappa leather, but unlike you I don't need AWD in my area.
I was unwilling to add additional expense, mechanical complexity and a slight gas mileage penalty for the couple of extra niceties.
Had a FWD Signature version been available, I would have gone that direction.

All of the preceding is my opinion, and only you can decide whether the extra features of the GT is worth the additional expense.

Best of luck with your decision ... and should you purchase the CX-9 I hope that you like yours as much as I do mine.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Turborascal
You're correct about 2016 being the year that the redesigned CX-9 was released.
As to when those designated as 2017s will arrive at dealers, your guess is as good as mine.
A search doesn't reveal ANY at this time.

I purchased a GT and the extras are well worth the additional $ to me.
The full suite of "safety nannies" including radar (adaptive) cruise control, heads-up display, navigation, nicer upholstery, larger tires and wheels, some appearance upgrades, and numerous other things shown in the brochure or online are included.
I would have paid extra just for the radar cruise control alone ... Love it!

None of these things change the basic driving experience or utility, but the comfort, nicer appearance, and peace of mind offered by the advanced safety systems at what I consider to be a very fair price pushed me in that direction.

I also considered the Signature version since I like the rosewood trim and nappa leather, but unlike you I don't need AWD in my area.
I was unwilling to add additional expense, mechanical complexity and a slight gas mileage penalty for the couple of extra niceties.
Had a FWD Signature version been available, I would have gone that direction.

All of the preceding is my opinion, and only you can decide whether the extra features of the GT is worth the additional expense.

Best of luck with your decision ... and should you purchase the CX-9 I hope that you like yours as much as I do mine.
Does your GT come with the audio back sensor? Not talking about the back cam but you know the beeping sensors ..
mine doesn't.. and I'm in Canada

Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 PM

Yes, my U.S. market CX-9 has the backup sensors mounted in the black portion of the bumper.
This is in addition to the backup camera.
The car beeps when too close to an object.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:12 AM

Yes, my U.S. market CX-9 has the backup sensors mounted in the black portion of the bumper.
This is in addition to the backup camera.
The car beeps when too close to an object.
I don't know if this is available in all trims but my Cx9 (2016 GT AWD) have:

backup camera
rear sensors (for parking)
traffic alert

the rear sensor/alert is fully integrated with the display system. You don't only get audible warning but visual warning as well.

when you have your gear in Reverse, a cx9 icon appears in the top right corner and you can see lines for every sensor so you can get an idea which sensor is getting close to an object.

the traffic alert have audible and visual alerts on the low left / right corners on the screen as well.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:39 AM

Thank you matrix; I stand corrected.

I was thinking of a different vehicle with "beeping" sensors.
My CX-9 GT performs exactly as you stated.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:13 AM

Thank you matrix; I stand corrected.

I was thinking of a different vehicle with "beeping" sensors.
My CX-9 GT performs exactly as you stated.
Nice.

BTW the backup camera in the CX9 is outstanding. My wife have an Xtrail 2015 (Rogue in USA) with 360 view. It's very good because you can see all car sourrounding but the quality is very far from the quality on the cx9.

I believe the very big screen quality helps as well. But the clarity, color and detail of the backup camera is at Porsche / Jaguar levels.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Default Lol

LOL

Attached Thumbnails 2017 cx-9 when can we expect at dealers?-hahaa-looks-like-u.png