2009 Switch Out Radio - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:42 PM

Default 2009 Switch Out Radio

Hello,

I just bought a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Touring and am loving it! I really want to have nav in my car and don't want to use after market stuff. So I was able to find the radio display w/ navigation, which is typically in the Grand Touring trim at various used auto parts stores online. My question is how hard is it to switch out? I basically want to remove my current radio and replace it with the radio that in the grand touring trim. Will I need to buy any additional wires etc. outside of the actual part? I have friends who've said that it's simple because it's the OEM's nav/radio and it will just be swapping it out. But not sure if that's accurate or not.

I'm new to Mazda's and was told that this forum is the best place to find an answer to this. I would really appreciate any help!

Here is the example part: https://knoxauto.autopartsearch.com/...N03-1001810140
Old 01-14-2018, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

You will need either the DVD player or SD card reader ( depending on year & system), you will also need the GPS antenna & steering wheel controls.

Plus any associated wiring looms.