Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Mazda millenia S 2.3 can't figure engine codes out and running out of $

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Thumbs down Mazda millenia S 2.3 can't figure engine codes out and running out of $

I'm 17 years old, bought myself an 02 Mazda millenia 2.3l supercharged. It is such a nice car, my second car(had a 94 firebird as first but hydroplaned and wrecked it... ) anyways I love the millenia how it drives and the 10" sub built in, power everything heated seats this car is fully loaded to the max. But I can't get it etested because of the engine light and engine codes it's reading and I'm running out of money, I'm working two part time jobs and finishing up my grade 12 year of highschool. it had a misfire so the shop changed all spark plugs and wires, took the misfire away, but a single misfire came and it was diagnosed to crankshaft sensor. That was replaced and single misfire stayed. Shop couldn't figure it out had timing belt checked still couldn't figure it out. Took to different shop as other one gave up on me, this shop found 2 vacuum hoses disconnected. When re connected they took for test drive and this is what they told me "had code 01540, reconnected 2 loose vacuum lines and 2 other codes came on, p0105, p1524, and p300, cannot verify source of problem, recommend bringing to dealer." I cannot afford bringing to dealer I have about 400$ left of my savings. What should I do? I reasearched codes and I'm getting map sensor. Could I test map sensor myself in driveway? I'm aware this would need replaced if not working so would I be best to get scrap yard sensor if I can find or get new? Can't afford to get new and it solve the issue, any help appreciated. Sorry for the novel lol