Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Uh oh, Electronics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 AM
J37
Default Uh oh, Electronics?

Sometimes, its weird. I turned back my CX-7 back in...and got a brand new one. Grand Touring w/ Technology Package

My electronics are acting all funny, and the dealership is sending my car back to mazda. Because of problems listed below.

Seemingly randomly, my car's electronics refuse to shut down. Even with manually putting the key inside the keyhole, and starting the car, and turning it off doesn't solve the problem. They thought it could be a faulty key sensor, so they replaced it, and still the electrical components stayed on. Why?

It won't let me lock the doors, it beeps constantly...and then randomly...(not 45 seconds afterwards...more like 5 minutes) the car shuts down. With or without the Advanced Key. I was at a stoplight, when I started hearing strange sounds coming from under the hood, sometimes the car will rev up when you first start it to warm up the turbo, I've owned turbo cars before and this isn't so strange to me. But this time, idling at a light...my car seemed to have sprang to life?! I had to put it in park..it was so bizarre. I almost went into the intersection the car just wanted to move foward. I had my dealer confirm this incident, again...nearly missing a car in front of mine due to the engine malfunction. Manual Mode does not fix this, and the check engine light refuses to surface.

Could it have been user error? While I don't doubt the possibility of it, the results were duplicated, and recorded with a camera, it was that frequent.

Its a great car, I love it. The power is where I need it to be, it has all the features I could ever want. The new computer that boosts it over 340HP is coming out soon too.

Sometimes I guess you just get a bad car off the production line. I would definately reccomend this car to anyone who wants one. You won't be dissapointed. I don't see this as a problematic car, nor do I see it as being one even in the future. Just thought you guys would like to know what happened to my car. T_T

Old 07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Uh oh, Electronics?

I've heard it's a Cx-7 common problem at this point. They're just too complex. I'm sure Mazda will have a recall to fix it.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Uh oh, Electronics?

Sorry to hear about your issues...thanks for sharing them and I really like the fact that you did not "trash" the cars reputation and just act really pissed off like I have read in other forums and threads...thanks for being so good about it and hopefully it's just a lemon coming off the line and nothing bigger. Good luck to you!!!! Hopeful future CX7 owner.