Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

These headlights suck......

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Default These headlights suck......

I have a 2010 CX-7 Touring w/ the halogen head light & no fog lights.
Is it just me..... These headlights suck. I can’t see anything.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
TLB

I have a 2008 model, head lights are great, it also has fog lights. Mind you my run about is a VW passat, 10 years old, so candles give off better light. lol

Tom

Old 12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, Bud. I think you may need to take it back for a look. Mazdas are generally known for pretty good headlight design. I am not that personally familiar with the CX-7 specifically, but overall they make good headlights.
Now the OE tails on my 3 were a bit of a stretch... especially if you drive anything taller than a 1/2 ton pickup. Several big truck drivers stopped to tell me they had trouble seeing my brake lights during the day.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1
Yeah, Bud. I think you may need to take it back for a look. Mazdas are generally known for pretty good headlight design. I am not that personally familiar with the CX-7 specifically, but overall they make good headlights.
Now the OE tails on my 3 were a bit of a stretch... especially if you drive anything taller than a 1/2 ton pickup. Several big truck drivers stopped to tell me they had trouble seeing my brake lights during the day.
Wow that really sucks.......

I had the dealer adjust them.
They are some what better but still stink.
I guess it’s because they are halogen.
Both my Infinities have great lights.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'd have to guess then that both of your Infinities have HID's then.
You would have to readjust the headlights slightly lower, but have you considered installing an aftermarket HID kit into your 7 series? It's a common Mod. Decent ones can be had for around $70-$80.
A 35w, 5000 or 6000k kit might be just what you need to make you feel at home with this vehicle.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 AM

Thanks....
That is what I was thinking.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM

I finally put HID's in!
35 watt 6000K low beams.....
They are great!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

WOW!! Who woulda' thunk it!! Here I thought this thread was dead?
FWIW, it took me a while to get brave enough to install mine too. I had the kits sitting around for almost a year, then one day I thought it was time to pull the front end off and see how hard it might be. So I did.
Well, congrats on the new HID's!! I'm sure there is a big difference.
Please remember to adjust/aim them just slighly lower so you can see the road better and don't blind oncoming traffic.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM

Thanks! I will....

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Please remember to adjust/aim them just slighly lower so you can see the road better and don't blind oncoming traffic.

If your REALLY brave you can get the European versions (NOT UK) of your headlights, rip off the back and install the rear housing onto your front lenses (since DOT and Euro standards are different), European headlights must have a vertical adjustment that the driver can adjust from inside the car, its usually electrical and has 4-5 positions from really low to normal height, this is used for when towing you can aim your headlights properly without tools and messing up the normal alignment. Be warned though that some European models, while being the same model designation, can have slightly different styling. Only other thing you would need is the switch and some extra wiring, too much hassle IMO but it is an option

Quick Reply: These headlights suck......