Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-7 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/)
-   -   These headlights suck...... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-7-44/these-headlights-suck-20982/)

UserName 11-29-2009 07:00 PM

These headlights suck......

I have a 2010 CX-7 Touring w/ the halogen head light & no fog lights.
Is it just me..... These headlights suck. I can’t see anything.

TLB 12-08-2009 02:49 PM

I have a 2008 model, head lights are great, it also has fog lights. Mind you my run about is a VW passat, 10 years old, so candles give off better light. lol

Tom

virgin1 12-08-2009 03:19 PM

Yeah, Bud. I think you may need to take it back for a look. Mazdas are generally known for pretty good headlight design. I am not that personally familiar with the CX-7 specifically, but overall they make good headlights.
Now the OE tails on my 3 were a bit of a stretch... especially if you drive anything taller than a 1/2 ton pickup. Several big truck drivers stopped to tell me they had trouble seeing my brake lights during the day.

UserName 12-10-2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1 (Post 101708)
Yeah, Bud. I think you may need to take it back for a look. Mazdas are generally known for pretty good headlight design. I am not that personally familiar with the CX-7 specifically, but overall they make good headlights.
Now the OE tails on my 3 were a bit of a stretch... especially if you drive anything taller than a 1/2 ton pickup. Several big truck drivers stopped to tell me they had trouble seeing my brake lights during the day.

Wow that really sucks.......

I had the dealer adjust them.
They are some what better but still stink.
I guess it’s because they are halogen.
Both my Infinities have great lights.

virgin1 12-10-2009 06:43 PM

Well, I'd have to guess then that both of your Infinities have HID's then.
You would have to readjust the headlights slightly lower, but have you considered installing an aftermarket HID kit into your 7 series? It's a common Mod. Decent ones can be had for around $70-$80.
A 35w, 5000 or 6000k kit might be just what you need to make you feel at home with this vehicle.

UserName 12-11-2009 07:16 AM

Thanks....
That is what I was thinking.

UserName 01-27-2013 10:08 AM

I finally put HID's in!
35 watt 6000K low beams.....
They are great!

virgin1 01-27-2013 11:08 AM

WOW!! Who woulda' thunk it!! Here I thought this thread was dead?
FWIW, it took me a while to get brave enough to install mine too. I had the kits sitting around for almost a year, then one day I thought it was time to pull the front end off and see how hard it might be. So I did.
Well, congrats on the new HID's!! I'm sure there is a big difference.
Please remember to adjust/aim them just slighly lower so you can see the road better and don't blind oncoming traffic.

UserName 01-28-2013 06:36 PM

Thanks! I will....

MazdaTirol 01-29-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1 (Post 135131)

Please remember to adjust/aim them just slighly lower so you can see the road better and don't blind oncoming traffic.

If your REALLY brave you can get the European versions (NOT UK) of your headlights, rip off the back and install the rear housing onto your front lenses (since DOT and Euro standards are different), European headlights must have a vertical adjustment that the driver can adjust from inside the car, its usually electrical and has 4-5 positions from really low to normal height, this is used for when towing you can aim your headlights properly without tools and messing up the normal alignment. Be warned though that some European models, while being the same model designation, can have slightly different styling. Only other thing you would need is the switch and some extra wiring, too much hassle IMO but it is an option ;)