Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

New CX7, Some Comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Default New CX7, Some Comments

Just picked up a new CX7 after Christmas. Love the NAV, auto start, bose system and all.

Only comment I have so far is that the automatic heating system and the fan speed is not enough. Being that the temperature sensor is so close to the heat output, on a 22F morning, I have to switch to manual mode because the fan speed drops to half long before the car gets warmed up on a 75F setting. The fan speed is not enough to heat the interior cabin of the CX7, not by far. On a 22F morning, it will take 20 minutes to heat up the cabin because the fan is just not blowing hard enough to put out enough heat. To comphensate, I often turn off the climate control, turn the fan on full, turn on the AC and set it to recycle air. Then I can heat it up faster.

Today it is snowing hard outside. After lunch, me and three guys jumped in the car. The windows fogged up immediately and became so bad, we had to stop because I just couldn't see anything. The fan, even on high with AC for defrost or in cabin was just not enough to comphensate. I find that rediculous and dangerous.

I'm coming from a Legacy GT Sedan (325hp, 350Tq) so this new CX7 is a little strange for me to get used to. So far I am really enjoying it.

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Default RE: New CX7, Some Comments

Interesting comments.

Having the touring model with manual controls I have not had any of the problems you describe.

Even defrosting fogged windshield and rear window the electric rear does a quick job and the heater set to defrost, fan on high, temp on hot works. A few seconds and the winshield is clear along with the rear window...

Is the fan still not blowing at the high setting?