Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Default thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?

Hey!

Thinking of buying a Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring. I was wondering if you had any comments or suggestions for me, becuase I dont know much about the vehicles from a first-hand standpoint.

Im also considering a VW GTI.

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Default RE: thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?

great choice but if you dont know how to drive the car you will have some trouble (i did the first few times getting used to the chutch) i work at a mazda dealership as a porter and i can tell you form first hand experience that they are one of the best cars that mazda has ever made! as i stated b4 the clutch takes some getting used to a lot of the ppl that test drive the cars stall them a few times during the test drives (it is kinda funny to watch haha). the price is right on the cars too only 5-6k more for grand touring and only 2-3k for touring compared to the normal 3. i also havent seen any 3speed in the shop for anything major (jus the usual oil change and tire rotation). but you do have to fill them w/ premium b/c of the turbo we go get a lot of CL (check-engine lites) b/c ppl didnt put premium fuel in them but that is probably one of the few down sides but test drive them both the GTI and speed b/c in the end the decision if up to you i have never driven a GTI so i cant compair them. best of luck man

Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 PM

Awesome! Your probably the best person to ask becuase you work at the stealership.. Does the MS3 come with a moonroof option?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:07 PM

you are making the best choice of your life. I was dying to get the MS3 BUT money was an issue and who can beet 14 grand out the door on a zero milage 08 mazda 3 so i took it. BUT our clutch is wiered, i still stall it sometimes. O, and my friend has the GTI in red...it looks nice. I wouldn't get it though, problems are accuring for him and it rides a bit rough since its a small car. I'd rather buy the speed...more of a manly car than the GTI, the GTI looks a bit cute.....btw i like both cars.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jbpdog

Awesome! Your probably the best person to ask becuase you work at the stealership.. Does the MS3 come with a moonroof option?
im almost positive that they do not but i could be wrong call your mazda dealership and they will be able to tell you, we only had about a donzen at my dealership over the past year or so it wasnt something that i payed that much attention to, but im sure that the dealership could install one if you wanted i know that we put a few in regular 3's with out any problems i dont see how the speed would be any different.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

No factory (back-off SPeeDy :P) moon/sunroof for the MS3.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM

How can I confirm that this is defiantly the case. I have a dealer searching for a Grand Touring w/ a sunroof at the moment. He called me and told me he found a GT in the color that I want but w/o a sunroof and I told him to keep searching.

How can I confim that I will in fact never find one with a sunroof, so I can stop jerking him around? I assume if they didnt come with sunroofs, he would have told me.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM

thats what i would think but some dealers are not mazdaspeed certified. I found this out when i stopped by a different mazda dealer for a dealer trade and they tried to pass a mazda 6 5door as a speed acting like they were hot stuff. anyways if your dealer is not mazdaspeed certified then they can not carry any mazdaspeed car (unless used) also the sales ppl are not educatated (for a lack of a better term) about the speed cars aka standard/optional equipment. i was also under the understanding that if a dealer is not mazdaspeed cert. they can not sell the cars but i may be wrong. but that could be the reason why your guy is looking for something that may not exist. let me call my guys back home and find out ill post tomarrow about my findings.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:58 PM

ok i jus talked to my guys back at the dealership and the speed3 do NOT come from the factory with a sunroof but they can put one on at the dealership.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jbpdog

Hey!

Thinking of buying a Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring. I was wondering if you had any comments or suggestions for me, becuase I dont know much about the vehicles from a first-hand standpoint.

Im also considering a VW GTI.

Thanks for the help!
Speed3GTis the way to go. Before buying I test drove the

VW GTI (Good build, but turbo lag is VERY noticable, and price is up there for a top end GTI)

Audi A3 (Great car. Good fit and finish. Nice drive. Turbo lag not as noticable as VW. Price was even more)

In short, I felt the Speed3 GT was best as far as "bang for the buck" (i.e. performance, looks, quality, standard goodies, etc.)

Hope this helps in your decision.

Quick Reply: thinking of buying an 08 MS3... any comments?