Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Headlight issues (Opinion needed)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 10:39 AM
Post Headlight issues (Opinion needed)

Hello all,

Like most others, I am experiencing and have been experiencing headlight visibility issues. I have a 2010 Mazda Cx-7 but I do not know the specific model. I really have two choices at this point, as I live in the country and absolutely need night visibility as I have had too many close calls now. I do not have fog lights installed. I am definitely going to run out of luck pretty soon as I'm pretty sure this car has drained a halftime worth of luck in the past two years just by close calls. Here is my dilemma:

1. Get new headlight assemblies which would have halogen housing.
2. Purchase a new vehicle.

My questions regarding #1 are:

1. If I did purchase new headlight assemblies would this even work? I have read a lot of places that people have done this and the visibility was just as bad even with new housing, because of the way and materials that they are made out of or something of that sort?
2. Considering the proposed newly purchased headlight assemblies did work with regular halogen lights, would there be a way to convert that to LED effectively? And if so, would this change the visibility and make it better and allow the driver to actually see more?

If anybody has either:

a. replaced their headlight assemblies
b. converted their 2010-2012 cx-7 to LED

Then please let me know what happened, the problems that arose, and overall, if I should just purchase a newer vehicle and sell the mazda (if anybody will buy it).

Thanks in advance. I am pretty new to this forum and attempted to make a post before this but I think it got deleted. If you know any information I do not think I will get any notification so if you would like to send a personal email please feel free to. My email is onefastnismo.lee@gmail.com just please mention "Forum Reply" in the subject line. Thanks all!