Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Fuel/Intake System Service

Old 03-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Default Fuel/Intake System Service

Hi,
So I took my 2010 2.5L to the stealership for 100k maintenance.
They said I need to replace my plugs and also do a Fuel/Intake system service which will cost me 278 + tax.
Has anybody here ever had to do this? and if so, are there any options besides dropping 300 bucks on this.
Thanks for reading.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:48 PM

Sure have and it is a huge ripoff. Just get a can of carb spray and a rag. Clean the throttlebody ( ETM) then toss a bottle of Techron in the gas tank and your done. There will always be oil/carbon in the intake as that is where the crankcase vents to. You could clean it daily and it will still be there the next day.You might have to disconnect the battery and clear the PCM to allow it to relearn the idle after cleaning the ETM but that is easy.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by hixx
Sure have and it is a huge ripoff. Just get a can of carb spray and a rag. Clean the throttlebody ( ETM) then toss a bottle of Techron in the gas tank and your done. There will always be oil/carbon in the intake as that is where the crankcase vents to. You could clean it daily and it will still be there the next day.You might have to disconnect the battery and clear the PCM to allow it to relearn the idle after cleaning the ETM but that is easy.
Thanks hixx. I'm just so frustrated. My car goes in for maintenence and the open fuel cap light was on but now the check engine light is on and they're saying it's because of this fuel/intake stuff. I'll go ahead and change the plugs and try the techron. Thanks again!