Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Block Heater Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 05:44 AM
Default Block Heater Location

I live in canada where winters can be bitterly cold. Have a 2007 cx-7 GT.
I want to get a block heater put into it. I went to the dealership and they suggested this was quite a large job.
can anyone tell me where the plug for the engine block heater is? Are there any installation videos or instructions anywhere to do this? I don’t mind doing this myself as long as it isn’t too complicated.

Old 01-03-2022, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mooseman
I live in canada where winters can be bitterly cold. Have a 2007 cx-7 GT.
I want to get a block heater put into it. I went to the dealership and they suggested this was quite a large job.
can anyone tell me where the plug for the engine block heater is? Are there any installation videos or instructions anywhere to do this? I don’t mind doing this myself as long as it isn’t too complicated.
Well it not that difficult of a job just time consuming, there is a bunch off stuff to remove to get to it, My2014 cx5 with the 2.5 engine is a bitch to even get one finger to the block heater , too much stuff in the way. i you tube it and all i can find it a mazda 3 information. My blocker heater buggered up again so i too am investigating ways to get it redone.
The battery and other components need to be removed to get to it. Could do it myself if i have a garage, but freezing my *** off is not worth it.
The dealership told me to replace it would be 450.00 plus tax

as to where it is, it should be on the right side, back, as your facing it. just near and under the exhaust manifold cover shield. But it may be different according to your engine.

FYI my 2011 mazda 3, (same engine) i can reach it with ease, not much in the way.