Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Any rear coil springs that fit, aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2023, 03:36 PM
Default Any rear coil springs that fit, aftermarket?

Looking for better REAR COIL SPRINGS

2011 MAZDA CX7 SV

ADVANCE AUTO SAYS THEY HAVE MOGG SPRINGS THAT FIT, ANY ONE HAS TRIED THEM?

ANY AFTERMARKET, DOES CX9 SAME YEAR WILL FIT?

THANKS

Old 05-12-2023, 04:48 PM

Welcome to the forum,

MOOG is one of the top suspension aftermarket companies with a reputation dating back to the 60"s.

If you are looking for a stock replacement MOOG is a good choice.
I was a MOOG Distibutor/retailer and wholesaler ion my shops at one time.
The top brands were TRW and MOOG for OE suspension parts.

Old 05-12-2023, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum,

MOOG is one of the top suspension aftermarket companies with a reputation dating back to the 60"s.

If you are looking for a stock replacement MOOG is a good choice.
I was a MOOG Distibutor/retailer and wholesaler ion my shops at one time.
The top brands were TRW and MOOG for OE suspension parts.
Thanks, but one of the reasons im looking for advice is that Mogg . Com page doesnt have rear springs for my cx7 2011, but at the Advance Auto parts site it does. The same part number at Mogg . Com is for a mazda cx9... Any compatability?

Old 05-13-2023, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Enriquecx7
Thanks, but one of the reasons im looking for advice is that Mogg . Com page doesnt have rear springs for my cx7 2011, but at the Advance Auto parts site it does. The same part number at Mogg . Com is for a mazda cx9... Any compatability?
You can either do the easy route and contact them

OR

Go to the spring specification and do a little work to check the spring specification.

Often times there are other parts that will fit but are not applicated because of OE requirement need to be met to call them an OEM replacement parts offered aftermarket.

Old 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
Default Parts that fit

You can either do the easy route and contact them

OR

Go to the spring specification and do a little work to check the spring specification.

Often times there are other parts that will fit but are not applicated because of OE requirement need to be met to call them an OEM replacement parts offered aftermarket.
​​​​​
I had that idea but mazda oem catalog doesnt offer specs just a pic and part# , if i could know what ro mesure in my cx7 springs to compare to other springs that could help.

I am guessing my spring mesured compressed might be a thing to compare to others. I dint know if springs come in a basic diameter , or else. Any help helps.

Old 05-13-2023, 11:59 AM

​​​​​
I had that idea but mazda oem catalog doesnt offer specs just a pic and part# , if i could know what ro mesure in my cx7 springs to compare to other springs that could help.

I am guessing my spring measured compressed might be a thing to compare to others. I dint know if springs come in a basic diameter , or else. Any help helps.
My information was for MOOG. There is very few and extremely rare for any auto manufacture to freely give or to obtain engineering specification on anything.
IMHO based on your responses I recommend that you simply find an application for exactly your year model and chassis type.
Finding suspension parts off applicated information is really on an experience level of knowing more then just simple specifications of the part.

The basic spring information is weight/ load specification, extended and collapsed or spring bind specification and spring coil diameter.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:08 PM

My information was for MOOG. There is very few and extremely rare for any auto manufacture to freely give or to obtain engineering specification on anything.
IMHO based on your responses I recommend that you simply find an application for exactly your year model and chassis type.
Finding suspension parts off applicated information is really on an experience level of knowing more then just simple specifications of the part.

The basic spring information is weight/ load specification, extended and collapsed or spring bind specification and spring coil diameter.
Thanks

Old 05-13-2023, 12:13 PM

Thanks
I am not trying to discourage you but if you get the wrong spring even if it fits it could cause safety problems or some other adverse effect. You just really need to know and understand what you are doing when it comes to chooses none applicated coil springs.