Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

2010 Mazda Cx-7 Headlight Problems (Opinions needed)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 10:23 AM
Default 2010 Mazda Cx-7 Headlight Problems (Opinions needed)

Hello everyone,

I found myself with a 2010 Cx-7, not sure which specific model, about two years ago. I find myself having to replace the headlights very often. Probably within the past two years at least 6-8 times. Either just one side or both occasionally. I also noticed that most of the time I have been driving this vehicle there is absolutely no visibility at night. I have looked on other forums and the most common problems about this model and I see that the headlights are mentioned more often than not. I also read that when this issue was remedied, either with new headlights, or new headlight assemblies, that the issue just occurs over and over again eventually over time. This is very important as I live in the country and do not have streetlights to help with visibility. So my dilemma is to:

1. Purchase new headlight assemblies and hope that the visibility is fixed.
2. Purchase another newer vehicle with reliable headlights.

My questions with the first option are as follows:
1. Has anyone replaced their assemblies before and what differences did it really make?
2. If I did replace my assemblies, would there be a way to convert the lights to LED with the halogen housing? If anybody did this, did it work? More importantly, was visibility better and by how much?

Thanks in advance! I am brand new to this forum so I probably will not see when someone replies to me so if anybody does see this and knows these answers please contact me at onefastnismo.lee@gmail.com (Subject "Reply to Forum")

Old 03-26-2022, 04:28 AM

Hey.

I did replace the headlight bulbs with LED. They definitely are brighter. However they light up the sides and but not directly in front. There are adapters that you can but that will hopefully fix this issue. I just bought the adapters so I can let you know when I install them.
https://amzn.to/3NnTb8b
https://amzn.to/3Nlj74z

Old 03-31-2022, 10:42 PM
Wink Replace the lens

I fought the same problem. Bulbs every 3-4 months. I finally pulled one lens off and rinsed it out...sparkles of chrome every where in the water. The lack of reflection from the lens is causing the bulb to overheat and die. My wife refused to drive after dark.

Service bulletins have alot of "moisture in lens" issues...but that doesn't peel chrome.

I had a standard silver shelf lens and ebay seller of new lenses had only the sport black shelf...but it looks great. And I can see. Another Mazda owner in my area stopped me to ask how I solved the bulb/lens issue...I directed her to ebay also.

...no new bulbs in 4 years. I put std bulbs back in.

Mike