Mazda CX-60 This Plug-In Hybrid (PHEV) SUV is for folks who want to get out and go off-road while being environmentally friendly!

cx60

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 07:40 AM
Default cx60

I experience a very bumpy ride despite having new shock absorbers on my cx60 2022 just o 1300 miles any ideas

Old 07-03-2023, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Check your tyre pressure. 36 -38 psi is optimal.

Old 09-29-2023, 09:50 AM

The CX60's rather bumpy ride is well documented in the auto reviews - and I still bought one! Mazda could do with looking at this issue if they really want to steal the the UK market. Plus a transmission software re-map...

Old 09-29-2023, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by CX60_fan
The CX60's rather bumpy ride is well documented in the auto reviews - and I still bought one! Mazda could do with looking at this issue if they really want to steal the the UK market. Plus a transmission software re-map...
You should look into a different tire?

What exactly are you refering to when you state a transmission remap. To note I do ECU calabration adjustments so I dont need the definition only what you seem to think is needed??

For others reading this:
The Transmission shift and operation program has a great influence by how one drives their Mazda. The ECU does make small changes called adaptives that enclude the engine as well the transmission. The transmission shifting is greatly enfluenced by how one drives. All the Skyactive platforms ECU/TCM programs are basically the same so if some feel that other model shifts differently, they don't!

Old 10-09-2023, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by CX60_fan
Regarding the ride it's more that the vehicle can get into a rather rocky 'bounce' if the road surface is uneven or badly maintained. My old Superb would really smooth these sorts of surfaces out.
'Remapping' is probably the wrong term to use to an expert! I assume that the transmission management system is reading a lot of different data and reacting accordingly with gear changes etc. The system appears to get particularly uncertain when you throttle back and often does what feels like a double gear change that produces a very jerky deceleration - this happens at both very low speeds (for example when turning into a side road) and at higher speeds. It can even do a little surge forward at this point.
I am interested to hear that there is an element of 'learning' within the system. I consider myself a pretty gentle driver. so I don't know what difference that will make - but have noticed that the vehicle actually prefers to either be 'pushed' or have the power taken right off. It's that gentle throttle back that seems to produce some confusion.
However, these are just minor irritations, along with a few other odd items such as auto-hold having to be manually reset every time, and the dashboard lights not auto-dimming at night. The CX-60 is an awesome vehicle and I'm very pleased with it. Unfortunately, as the auto-press has over-labored the above points, they will need to be addressed before it is going to get the rave reviews it deserves.

Last edited by CX60_fan; 10-09-2023 at 01:56 AM.