Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your favorite thing about your CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 03:51 AM

Ouch. And I just did a video on fitting hood struts to the CX-5 - goes live later today on YouTube - luckily I haven't hit my head yet, but will never forget this advice as that particular corner grabbed my attention while looking at the design of the front of the car and why the hood bends out instead of in at that point.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:16 AM

After only 3 days with my GTR, commuting to just outside of Boston, I'm loving the ACC and how well it performs.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by hiltoncam
Ouch. And I just did a video on fitting hood struts to the CX-5 - goes live later today on YouTube - luckily I haven't hit my head yet, but will never forget this advice as that particular corner grabbed my attention while looking at the design of the front of the car and why the hood bends out instead of in at that point.
If you fit struts to an MX5, you have to watch that you don't get hit in the chin as that light, aluminum hood will jump right up by itself with the struts.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM

Turning circle / maneuverability coming from a Sienna Van

Old 02-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by montanaman
I wish I could have my volume **** on that side of the console. easier reach to the most used dial on the car.
If you want, you could get a center control panel for RHD and install it - the plug is identical and the clips are too - then the **** is on the left side of the car where YOU want it.

If you check out this video - you will see how to remove that center panel where the volume **** sits:

Just skip to 0:48 minutes and you'll see how

Old 02-22-2019, 12:09 PM

Heads up display is by far my favorite

Old 01-06-2020, 10:43 PM

I know this is an old thread, but since I'm new to the CX-5...I love the Auto-Dim headlights in our 2016 GT!!!
I drive a lot of back country roads and flicking the high beams on and off can get tedious.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:13 AM
Default Radar backup sensors

We even have a mobility scooter mounted on the back of the vehicle and the backup safety warning still works perfectly. Love also the other many semi autonomous features like the adaptive cruise and auto accelerate, even from a dead stop.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by John451
Engaging handling for a CUV, premium feeling interior compaired to previous Subarus.
Exactly, I owned three Outbacks before my CX-5, they were fine but the CX-5 was an eye opener. I have had fewer, no problems actually, compared to my Subarus.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gerald Mucci
We even have a mobility scooter mounted on the back of the vehicle and the backup safety warning still works perfectly.
Gerard...is this done via a standard hitch mount and ramp or a pulley system or other config? Would like to see a couple pics if you don't mind...dad is getting older, ya know!

Quick Reply: What's your favorite thing about your CX-5?