Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Whats an Excellent price on a AWD GT Soul Red With Premium?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Post Whats an Excellent price on a AWD GT Soul Red With Premium?

Hi Folks,

New to the forum and of course the first question is one you prolly have heard a million times. I just don't want to overpay and thought I'd ask your opinions.

I currently have a quote on a 2017 Soul Red, AWD Grand Touring with the Premium package @ a price of $31,160.00 Tax, Tags, dealer fee are extra and take it to $33,652. No hidden fees in that, I've checked.

So what do ya'll think? I don't want to seem ungrateful to my salesman but I also don't want to get had. Any helpful and insightful comments would be very much appreciated.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:49 PM

What? No responses?

Old 07-17-2017, 02:01 PM

Just bought a 2017 CX-5 last week - Black GT with Premium Package and Wheel Locks...MSRP was $33,520 and I paid $32,315 before taxes and fees. With the $600 extra it costs for the red, my guess is that you'd probably be at or around $32,800 before taxes and fees. I would go on truecar.com and plug in all the options you want...it will give you a range of what people paid for the same car in your area and nationally. It looks like if you pay around 5.25%-6.25% less than MSRP, you should would be getting a great deal...but again, that's compared to what others paid.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:10 PM

Oregon Coast USA. Just bought our 2017 CX-5, grand touring with premium package. -0-% for 36 months. Paid 32.8 which seems a fair price in our area. Went with the Mica White, parchment leather. well, it is light gray leather.

Last edited by radiodude; 07-17-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: adding details
Old 07-17-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
Hi Folks,

New to the forum and of course the first question is one you prolly have heard a million times. I just don't want to overpay and thought I'd ask your opinions.

I currently have a quote on a 2017 Soul Red, AWD Grand Touring with the Premium package @ a price of $31,160.00 Tax, Tags, dealer fee are extra and take it to $33,652. No hidden fees in that, I've checked.

So what do ya'll think? I don't want to seem ungrateful to my salesman but I also don't want to get had. Any helpful and insightful comments would be very much appreciated.
Keep in mind, unless the responder is almost literally across town from you, any responses you get will be pretty much irrelevant in your market.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:26 PM
Default Thanks for the input!

Hi again everyone!

Well I couldn't take it any longer and went in and closed the deal today.

I could not get the dealer to budge on the price at $31,160. I did get him to throw in the rear cargo cover however. So that kind of gets it down another $250. I think this turns out to be a fair deal. Not killer but fair. Throw in the fact that I got 72 months financing at 1.49% and I think I'm sitting pretty (from Fed Choice Federal Credit Union).

Love that Red color!

(laugh)

Oh in answer to where. It was Passport Mazda in Suitland Maryland right off the beltway. Mark Bowers was an awesome low pressure sales person. I totally recommend him.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Default don't want to bust your bubble

Hi before anything happens with your paint I suggest you read the forum on the soul red crystal maybe print it off and show your dealer get ahead of the game I can't get anywhere with Mazda Canada so my next step I think is the media. Good luck

Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 AM

My idea of an excellent price is free....

Old 04-24-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Don Johnson
Hi Folks,

At truecar.com you can see both local and national sales data. Highly recommended.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:47 AM

That’s a good deal. Enjoy your new CX5.

Quick Reply: Whats an Excellent price on a AWD GT Soul Red With Premium?