Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

What tires are good

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Default What tires are good

I have 20000 miles and the original geolander tires are worn out. Which tires should I replace with.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:16 AM

I sure don't know, but a good starting place would be to check out Tire Rack www.tirerack.com.
There are thorough reviews as well as staff who seem to be very knowledgeable.

No affiliation - just a very satisfied customer.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:37 AM

^^^^^ what he said ......good starting place would be to check out Tire Rack www.tirerack.com.

Old 12-04-2020, 12:13 PM

Also check out Consumer Reports.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:52 AM

I'm a satisfied Tire Rack customer. Their user reviews are helpful, their site will help you choose the right tire for your car. They will deliver to a local tire installation business, so once they have been delivered you can just make an appointment to have your new tires installed. Pretty painless.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:55 PM

Another source is the Discount Tire website. If you are a Costco member, you may be able to buy your tires and have them mounted & balanced there. In any case, it pays to check around on the tire prices once you have selected the specific tire you want.

I have found Michelin tires to be quite good on our vehicles, and have selected specific ones for each of our cars. For example, for my sports car I have both a summer tire (Michelin Pilot Super Sports) and an all season tire (Michelin AS3+) for the other three seasons. Once I need to replace the tires on my CX-5, I will look at the Michelin LTX Premier as a starting point; I have used them on previous cars and liked them.

One last point, I don't skimp on brakes or tires. Safety is paramount for me.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited by Zingowner; 12-18-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:52 PM

Continental ContiCrossContact LX 25
Michelin Premier LTX

Those are probably the best all-rounders. I'll be using Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 in summer, but if those were not available, the LX 25s would be my choice. Michelin is an excellent manufacturer too.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:08 AM
Default Michelin Premier LTX $123

How can Amazon sell the Michelin Premier LTX for $123.66? Tire Rack $177. Some customers complain that the ties are dirty and look used. Sounds like a scam. Would Amazon allow this to happen?

Old 12-10-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by tire tread
How can Amazon sell the Michelin Premier LTX for $123.66? Tire Rack $177. Some customers complain that the ties are dirty and look used. Sounds like a scam. Would Amazon allow this to happen?
First as with any seller on Amazon find out if they are authorized dealer for the product they are selling. Chances are NOT! So don't expect to get the warranty from the manufacture. That said they may be to old to offer as an authorized dealer and were sold of to a buyer and then retailed from a seller with the impression that they are authorized retailer of a manufacture? All DOT tires have manufacturing information on the side walls like the date code!
BTW this information goes for most all things that are sold on the internet. Those great deals are only great if you dont have a warranty issue then its buyer beware!

Old 12-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
First as with any seller on Amazon find out if they are authorized dealer for the product they are selling. Chances are NOT! So don't expect to get the warranty from the manufacture. That said they may be to old to offer as an authorized dealer and were sold of to a buyer and then retailed from a seller with the impression that they are authorized retailer of a manufacture? All DOT tires have manufacturing information on the side walls like the date code!
BTW this information goes for most all things that are sold on the internet. Those great deals are only great if you dont have a warranty issue then its buyer beware!
Yep what Callisto said. Also, make sure you are looking at the EXACT same tire - size and all. I get my tires from Tirerack an have them installed by a local Firestone dealer and have been very satisfied.

Quick Reply: What tires are good