What I don't like about '17 CX 5 - Page 2 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Old 07-23-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
On my '17, I found by pressing the start button a few times would turn on the ACC. This is important as I run errands alone and often my passenger sits and reads in the car. They must be able to open a window when wanted. You can press it too many times and it shuts back off. But at least there is a way. In the '90's, I had a cell phone store and we all had Bag Phones. When you turned off you Japanese car, you turned off your call. Rewired a bunch of them, so this is an improvement.
What is ACC? Thanks!
Old 07-23-2017, 10:15 PM

ACC is short for accessory, the position of the ignition switch that turns on the radio and other interior features, but does not allow the engine to start.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:50 PM

Conrad 16.5, thank you. I did not find the ACC switch I mentioned in the quick start guide and have not finished the full manual yet. You discovery is useful.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
Conrad 16.5, thank you. I did not find the ACC switch I mentioned in the quick start guide and have not finished the full manual yet. You discovery is useful.

You're welcome but it's not my discovery. I just passed it along.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:04 PM

Default Soul Red Metallic Paint Option

I created a separate thread on this topic but had no feedback. Took delivery on our 2017 CX-5 GT a few months ago. We opted for the Soul Red option at $595. I love the looks of it but I'm very skeptical as to the quality of the paint. Already have numerous chips on the hood and can really tell how thin the paint is. Also there seems to been very fine swirl marks which appear to be under the clear coat. All of this is confined to the hood. I alerted the dealership early on so it was on record. The dealership is well over an hour away from our home and will bring it to their attention again when I bring it in for it's first service. Anyone else have the Soul Red option that are not pleased with it? I also wonder about how complicated the paint process is and how hard it would be to duplicate it if repainting was ever needed.