Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

USB and Aux greyed out

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Default USB and Aux greyed out

Hey everybody, we just bought a 2018 CX-5 (new to us) and we love it. The only issue i'm having is with the infotainment system...specifically when I go to audio sources and try to scroll down to USB1 or USB 2 or Aux... the wheel won't let me scroll down that far. I can use the touchscreen, but those three options are grayed out. I did a search but all i found was an old thread that basically said "take to dealer under warranty" and our 5 has 38k miles, so warranty won't be an option.

Anybody experience this before? Any ideas?

Thanks
Matt

Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by kremlon
Hey everybody, we just bought a 2018 CX-5 (new to us) and we love it. The only issue i'm having is with the infotainment system...specifically when I go to audio sources and try to scroll down to USB1 or USB 2 or Aux... the wheel won't let me scroll down that far. I can use the touchscreen, but those three options are grayed out. I did a search but all i found was an old thread that basically said "take to dealer under warranty" and our 5 has 38k miles, so warranty won't be an option.

Anybody experience this before? Any ideas?

Thanks
Matt
I assume you have a USB memory stick or USB card reader attached to USB1 or USB2, is that correct?

Old 05-13-2019, 09:57 PM

I didn't put a USB stick in, but I was just trying to play something with the AUX cable.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:54 PM

Tried to plug in an iPod with the USB cable and till grayed out.... no one has dealt with this?

Old 05-14-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by kremlon
Tried to plug in an iPod with the USB cable and till grayed out.... no one has dealt with this?
I would try a USB memory stick. Works perfectly in our car.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 PM

Ok, tried the USB...and when i plug it in, nothing happens. Also, the USB plugs won't connect to my iPhone or charge it.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:49 AM

I've tried a USB stick, i tried the aux port, tried an SD card even tried to plug my iPhone into the USB with a cable (which doesn't even charge) and... nothing. I restored all factory settings and it's exactly the same. The options for USB 1, USB 2, and AUX are "grayed out" like the aren't even available. I don't even see an option for the SD card.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:42 AM

I tried a USB jump drive, aux cable, iPhone USB lightning cable.... nothing. Doesn't register, doesn't charge.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:21 PM

i have the same issue . cx5 is 3 months old

Old 06-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

2018 should still be under manufactures warranty?

Quick Reply: USB and Aux greyed out