Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Type "a" ocd - me / not car - new 2022 cx-5 n/a -

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 09:09 PM
Default Type "a" ocd - me / not car - new 2022 cx-5 n/a -

Just grabbed a 2022 CX-5 NA/CE Which was sitting on the lot 1 month ago with 02 miles on the ODO - Took it to the dealer - and went out with tech - Trans is fine - Drove 2 other Cx-5s - 2022 - all require a certain level of AWD break?-in - great ride / great dealer support -

Last edited by diehard080; 03-09-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:57 PM

Ay caramba! The writing style of the post!

To answer your question, yes I hear all kinds of strange noises in both of my relatively new cars. The clicking you hear is normal. If it concerns you though, why not go back to the selling dealer and have a tech take a ride with you to confirm? You also have 5yrs and 60k to get it sorted while under warranty if there is an issue. Enjoy the new ride!

Old 03-08-2022, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Ay caramba! The writing style of the post!

To answer your question, yes I hear all kinds of strange noises in both of my relatively new cars. The clicking you hear is normal. If it concerns you though, why not go back to the selling dealer and have a tech take a ride with you to confirm? You also have 5yrs and 60k to get it sorted while under warranty if there is an issue. Enjoy the new ride!
Words of wisdom - !! Thank You!
.....The mania of new car acquisition - and the ensuing punishment of the expectation but never , the confirmation of absolute perfection....the torment which accompanies this privledge - I will see the tech per your psyciatric evaluation and of course purchased the 125k : VSA / aka Warranty

Old 03-08-2022, 11:28 PM

So you have even longer not to worry. I recently noticed my dealer gave me a lifetime power train warranty with purchase. I had purchased an extended warranty, but when I realized I had the lifetime one for free, I cancelled and had it applied to my loan balance.

Old 03-10-2022, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
So you have even longer not to worry. I recently noticed my dealer gave me a lifetime power train warranty with purchase. I had purchased an extended warranty, but when I realized I had the lifetime one for free, I cancelled and had it applied to my loan balance.
Worked at. Mazda for years - never heard of a " lifetime warranty " - Was at dealer today - GSM said no such thing - but hey ...anythings possible - I just traded in my 2022 CE with 2000 miles for a used C-8 vette that was on the lot - took a big hit - but what the heck -

Old 03-10-2022, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by diehard888
Worked at. Mazda for years - never heard of a " lifetime warranty " - Was at dealer today - GSM said no such thing - but hey ...anythings possible - I just traded in my 2022 CE with 2000 miles for a used C-8 vette that was on the lot - took a big hit - but what the heck -
You already traded your CX5??? Wow. I guess you really didn't want an suv after all if you ended up in a Vette. My dealership includes the lifetime warranty with purchase. Just a perk they offer. Good luck with your new ride.

Old 03-11-2022, 11:50 AM

I am kind of surprised you took any hit- I just traded in my Subaru Outback that was 1.5 years old and I got back more the I paid for it..

Old 03-11-2022, 05:28 PM

You'll love the Vette. Is it a coupe or HTC? I've got a '21 Red Mist HTC and it's great.

Old 03-12-2022, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Subperson
I am kind of surprised you took any hit- I just traded in my Subaru Outback that was 1.5 years old and I got back more the I paid for it..
You did well as I suspect you didn't buy high. Similar to my situation. I bought a 2020 Nissan Frontier in 9/20. At the time they were giving huge discounts (I paid 26,500 for a 32K+ MSRP truck). Fast forward a few months and COVID hit. The 21's, which were identical to the 20's, were selling at MSRP. I could trade my truck for way more than I paid for it today. The OP on the other hand just bought his '22 CX-5 a month ago. I would guess he didn't get much, if any, off MSRP at that time with it being a just released updated version. I can't see a dealer giving him exactly what he paid for the car a month before. How would they make any money when someone can buy a brand new CX-5 for the same price?

Old 04-03-2022, 01:45 AM

Theres more to the story - but its outside of a " general discussion " thats benificial to other owners - I ended up keeping both vehicles - its a long - boring story - but it involved a " mark up " that i felt was unfair - the next day , got a call , and an offer to keep the CX-5 with a refund - so , they sold me 2 cars in the end - glad i kept the Mazda - when lots of $$$ starts changing hands .....well - just glad its done

Quick Reply: Type "a" ocd - me / not car - new 2022 cx-5 n/a -