Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Soul Red Crystal Metallic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/soul-red-crystal-metallic-38656/)

mazda_nc_dude 03-22-2018 08:47 PM

We have a 2018 CX-5 soul red and only 1,200 miles so far. We have driven it on the interstate and so far I have not noticed any chips. Will keep an eye on this thread and report if I see any issues with ours.

patjoe 03-24-2018 11:33 AM

CX5 Crystal soul red

I think the chips came from the salt on the highway most postings are saying that over the winter I know that's what happened with mine because I have never driven on a gravel road and these chips are from 1 winter Mazda is still looking in to this problem. Will post if they come up with something more than it is my doing.

Jennifer Lynn 04-07-2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound (Post 166630)
After just 8 months, this past December, I decided to trade in my 2017 CX5 while there was still paint left on it!! Mazda attempted to put a "concept car" paint on a street driven car. Don't know exactly what they were thinking. Concept cars aren't driven on the streets. Beautiful color but not for a street car!!

​​​​​​Belize bound... How much did you lose in depreciation? What vehicle did you get? Mazda won't admit this is a defect. They want to replace my hood but I don't see how that will help . I asked for trade in assistance and they seemed to have said no. The hood is a "goodwill gesture". I want to get rid of this car ....

patjoe 04-08-2018 08:52 AM

CX5 Crystal soul red

I read your reply about Mazda said they would replace your hood I have been at them since late Jan. they finally said they will repaint the front of the car plus the roof, I said is this not just going to happen again they told me still my fault I must have been driving somewhere with gravel, they will not admit it is the road salt and any other pebble that my be in my way, It's funny that all the millions of cars that use the same roads at the same time don't have this problem not even other Mazda's of different color. I'm concerned about letting them repaint my brand new car it is never the same and not doing the doors and back what if it is a different color off by a bit I will see it. Anyone have any advice I have to take it in this week I also would like to get rid of this car, even the shinny black between the doors is all streaked it's impossible to make it look good,might add even the shinny black around the shifter inside has streaks. Advice Please.

Jennifer Lynn 04-08-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by patjoe (Post 167124)
I read your reply about Mazda said they would replace your hood I have been at them since late Jan. they finally said they will repaint the front of the car plus the roof, I said is this not just going to happen again they told me still my fault I must have been driving somewhere with gravel, they will not admit it is the road salt and any other pebble that my be in my way, It's funny that all the millions of cars that use the same roads at the same time don't have this problem not even other Mazda's of different color. I'm concerned about letting them repaint my brand new car it is never the same and not doing the doors and back what if it is a different color off by a bit I will see it. Anyone have any advice I have to take it in this week I also would like to get rid of this car, even the shinny black between the doors is all streaked it's impossible to make it look good,might add even the shinny black around the shifter inside has streaks. Advice Please.

My black parts are the same as well. The outside ones looks awful in the sunshine. I also want to get rid of this car. I don't enjoy driving it cause I'm too worried about any large spec of dust that will chip my car.. It's ridiculous and Mazda needs to stop making this color. I'm worried how much of a loss I will take by trading it in.

Belize Bound 04-16-2018 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn (Post 167113)
​​​​​​Belize bound... How much did you lose in depreciation? What vehicle did you get? Mazda won't admit this is a defect. They want to replace my hood but I don't see how that will help . I asked for trade in assistance and they seemed to have said no. The hood is a "goodwill gesture". I want to get rid of this car ....

I lost about $4,000, about the cost of having to repaint the car!!

Jennifer Lynn 04-18-2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound (Post 167262)
I lost about $4,000, about the cost of having to repaint the car!!

Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.

paris1 04-18-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn (Post 167301)
Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.

Why are they replacing the hood instead of just repainting the original?

Jennifer Lynn 04-18-2018 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by paris1 (Post 167303)

​​​​​​
Good question but this seems to be what the are choosing to do for people No idea why.

Belize Bound 04-19-2018 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by paris1 (Post 167303)

Probably because they don't trust their own paint. They would rather start over on a raw hood.