Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Mirror outer cover replacement ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 05:23 PM
Default Side Mirror outer cover replacement ??

Side Mirror outer cover replacement ??-hieycht.jpg
Could use some help replacing scrached mirror outer shell cover on my 2021 CX 5 Carbon. Not sure on removal process. It looks like a replacement cover would snap into place.
There are numerous sellers on Ali-Express .
Here is a link to one I am considering.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...D%2122.32%2117
Would appreciate any advice, or recommendations from anyone with experience replacing one of these mirror covers.
Thank You

Old 12-28-2023, 01:05 AM

I think it'd be easier to do something like I linked below, but do any color you want. They usually work perfectly fine, but for a safe permanent fit you should add more of the double sided 3M tape to be safe. I've used similiar ones on other vehicles with no issues.

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-30-2023, 11:13 AM
Default Mirror Cover Replacement

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
I think it'd be easier to do something like I linked below, but do any color you want. They usually work perfectly fine, but for a safe permanent fit you should add more of the double sided 3M tape to be safe. I've used similiar ones on other vehicles with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/INUBOXES-Carb.../dp/B099DM82TQ
Thanks for the reply.
I would rather remove the damaged mirror cap/cover and replace with oem part.
Was hoping someone on forum had experience or tip's on removal and install of mirror cover.

Old 12-30-2023, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by george m44
Thanks for the reply.
I would rather remove the damaged mirror cap/cover and replace with oem part.
Was hoping someone on forum had experience or tip's on removal and install of mirror cover.
Yah unfortunately I'm not sure sure if the whole mirror would need to be replaced, or if that broken piece can be seperated.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:51 AM
Default Mirror Cover Replacement ?

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
Yah unfortunately I'm not sure sure if the whole mirror would need to be replaced, or if that broken piece can be seperated.
The mirror cover is a seperate piece which can be seperated from the mirror body. It appears that new cover has plastic clips that snap into place.
This is the oem part and diagram of entire mirror.
https://www.autonationparts.com/oem-...r-tk48691n1a51

Now, I just need to know the procedure for removing existing cover without causing further damage. There are several "questionable" DYI you tube videos showing this on other makes & models of vehicles,but not a 2021 CX5.
Was hoping someone out there in Mazda world or body shop world could show me the way.

Happy New Year To all,
George M

Thanks

Old 01-01-2024, 07:36 AM

You're probably better off having the dealer do it.
But here it is straight from a Mazda Parts website...
Replacing Only The Side Mirror Cover On Your Mazda | REALMazdaParts Blog | RealMazdaParts.com

Old 01-04-2024, 12:49 PM

I'm pretty sure I've got moisture inside the turn signal housing. My main issue is the darn motor that folds/unfolds the mirror. It lives a life of it's own lol
Anyone replace the mechanism itself?

Old 01-04-2024, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by arnoldinho
My main issue is the darn motor that folds/unfolds the mirror. It lives a life of it's own lol
Anyone replace the mechanism itself?
It's a common issue, but I think you can turn off auto folding in the settings unless I'm incorrect. People tend to usually have the entire motor replaced in the mirrors. If you have any warranty left, utilize it asap.

Old 01-05-2024, 12:11 AM

Yeah...personally, I would rather just leave it out and turn the auto-folding off, but the gf really likes that feature soooo gotta figure it out lol
No more warranty left. I picked it up from a dealer used with 10k miles on it.....my 2 years are up.

Old 01-05-2024, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by arnoldinho
Yeah...personally, I would rather just leave it out and turn the auto-folding off, but the gf really likes that feature soooo gotta figure it out lol
No more warranty left. I picked it up from a dealer used with 10k miles on it.....my 2 years are up.
Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36k miles from the first in service date. It's a very common issue and I believe there's also a TSB out for technicians to replace them since it happens to so many people.

Quick Reply: Side Mirror outer cover replacement ??