Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall on all CX-5 models

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

I've been told by Mazda Australia( my part of the world), this only affects the LHD USA models. It could be a LHD build issue, I'm not sure.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:20 AM

I was just going to start shopping and test drive the CX5 - does this mean I have to wait ?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Default Recalls

People should call the dealership and ask about this particular recall if worried. However, if you want to know when recalls come out you can sign up at Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) which is run by the NHTSA, You can sign up for free and add your vehicles. You will get emails as soon as any safety notice or recall comes up on your vehicles. I have my CX-5, my girlfriends Hyundai Tucson and my mothers Sonata. I have received three emails about three different problems for my mother's Sonata long before they ever notified her. When you sign up for alerts and add your vehicle, it goes by vin numbers so have them ready.
You can also look up any vehicle just by going here https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ Remember, once your vehicle warranty expires, the dealership may not be obligated to send you a letter, Or if you moved they may not be able to reach you. So it's good to have a service that keeps track no matter how old your vehicle may be.
I just had an entire frame put into my 2005 Toyota Tacoma because of a recall on the frames prematurely rusting, it's ten years old, warranty long gone and I only found out about it by looking it up on the safecar site.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:38 PM

No on the wait mjones5. Bring your check book because I'm sure you'll want to take it home.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 PM

I've had my CX-5 for over 6 months now. It's a BLAST to drive, and I have NO issues other than this recall. The car is perfect.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Default Recall

Originally Posted by Redsolocup
You are correct Stealerships.... Purchased a 2014 for the wife yesterday and specifically ask about recalls. I wonder if I have any recourse since I have had it less than 24 hrs.
I took our trade in today and requested records showing conformation the recall was completed. 10 minutes later I had verification it was fixed.

Redsolocup

Old 03-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Default Recall

They did my recall work last week when I had it in for service

Old 03-27-2016, 11:14 AM

Took my CX-5 in for the recall service the other day. Took just under an hour, including the paperwork.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:42 AM

Paperwork takes twice as long as the fix.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:47 PM

If I understand this recall it is to make a repair to the fuel filler neck. I presume that is at or near where you put fuel in the vehicle. So, if you are rear ended hard enough and the neck did somehow break would the fuel flow up??? to the break in the neck and them spill. More likely the vehicle would have to be hit hard enough to flip it over then the fuel would flow down to the break in the neck....at least where gravity applies!

Seems like a mighty slim chance to me.

Quick Reply: Recall on all CX-5 models