Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Seat protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 12:36 AM
Default Rear Seat protection

Hi,
Just got a 2024 Mazda CX5 Select and have a newbie question. I have a 4-year-old and 3 small dogs who will destroy my backseat in a matter of days. I admit I'm technology challenged, however, I have searched everything I can think of. Nothing seems to have slots for child seat anchors and/or seat belts. Any suggestions out there? I tried searching this forum but didn't see anything relevant. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2023, 09:26 AM

Welcome to the forum

My strong suggestion based on your post and what I have seen from both friends' and customers is go to an auto upholstery shop and have a custom cover made. It should run you about 200-275 dollars and well worth the investment.

All of the ones Available that I am aware of will rip, tear or not fully protect the rear seat from dog or other fir bound creatures. I suppose I could include a few large reptiles as well. lol

Old 09-30-2023, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

My strong suggestion based on your post and what I have seen from both friends' and customers is go to an auto upholstery shop and have a custom cover made. It should run you about 200-275 dollars and well worth the investment.

All of the ones Available that I am aware of will rip, tear or not fully protect the rear seat from dog or other fir bound creatures. I suppose I could include a few large reptiles as well. lol
That's not a bad idea. I'll look into it. I would have never thought of that, thanks!

Last edited by 1SG Retired; 09-30-2023 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:08 PM

This is Mazda's OEM rear seat protector for pets (images below). It should fit your 2024 since they didn't really change much from the 2017 interior other than the infotainment system. I think they're still updating the website with compatibility for the 2024 model since it just came out. I looked it up for my 2021 but it is listed to essentially fit all the current Mazdas. The link below is the same part but for a lot less money from Bam Auto Parts. I have bought multiple things from them and they've been awesome.

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oe...ctor-kmv6v0240

Last edited by Alexmed2002; 09-30-2023 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
This is Mazda's OEM rear seat protector for pets (images below). It should fit your 2024 since they didn't really change much from the 2017 interior other than the infotainment system. I think they're still updating the website with compatibility for the 2024 model since it just came out. I looked it up for my 2021 but it is listed to essentially fit all the current Mazdas. The link below is the same part but for a lot less money from Bam Auto Parts. I have bought multiple things from them and they've been awesome.

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oe...ctor-kmv6v0240

Yeah, I have seen that one. Looks fine, but I can't tell by the stock photos if the seat anchors would be accessible. It looks like the seat belts would most likely be usable through the 4 slots in the middle, but without the anchors, the car seat wouldn't be as secure. I may just use my old moving blankets for our upcoming month long trip and then start the ordering/return process until I find something that will work. I'm also going to try the earlier suggestion of an auto upholstery shop. I'll figure something out......By the way, thanks for the link to Bam Auto. Looks like they have pretty decent prices.

Old 10-01-2023, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 1SG Retired
Yeah, I have seen that one. Looks fine, but I can't tell by the stock photos if the seat anchors would be accessible. It looks like the seat belts would most likely be usable through the 4 slots in the middle, but without the anchors, the car seat wouldn't be as secure. I may just use my old moving blankets for our upcoming month long trip and then start the ordering/return process until I find something that will work. I'm also going to try the earlier suggestion of an auto upholstery shop. I'll figure something out......By the way, thanks for the link to Bam Auto. Looks like they have pretty decent prices.

Yes that is a nice one but it was not as desirable for use with car seats and passengers. and the material depending on the dog may not be as durable? Sometimes the investment to have a custom made item is worth more then a retail valuable one? Not trying to push the custom but from experience having large dogs in the past I had one made and also the shop made door covers as well to protect the factory panels. All were easy to pop in at a moments notice. The one thing that is very important is the backing if you have leather seats. Many covers do not protect as much in that area so this is also another consideration when thinking about getting a rear seat cover.

Whatever cover you decide to get treat the leather before you install the cover and remove and treat the leather seat at least every 2 months or sooner.
Cloth towels, blanket and even cloths left on interior leather if used or left on to long without treating the leather as they will tend to dry out leather in many automotive leather seats.