Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

possible major change in tomtom software

Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Exclamation possible major change in tomtom software

there was an update to my tomtom software the other day, it was only a sub-number change (went from like 10.814 to 10.815)

but it would appear they altered the initial voice control response

in the past if you did not say a specific function (only a name) or said drive to _____ it would automatically give you directions to wherever it thought you wanted to go (one of my biggest gripes about this tomtom)
well yesterday morning after updating the night before, i said 'drive to airport' since i know the one i wanted to go to was the closest one, it should have worked 'like normal'

lo and behold the device goes

"please say the line number of your destination"

it was 4am so i wasn't fully with it and just thought i did something wrong.
i'm out of town and i'll be back tomorrow night and i'll try it again, unless anyone else can update to the new software version and see if their results are the same by saying 'drive to _____(some poi name/type)' and see how the software behaves

now if we can just get keyword searching for pois and subcategories for them also (restaurant types, etc rather than listing of everything) it would be a lot better than originally designed