Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-price Tips for 1st time "new car" buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Default Non-price Tips for 1st time "new car" buyer

hi Guys,
I'm going to be a first time 'new car' buyer. so I'm pretty excited to buy a new CX-5 from a dealer.
I would like to know some tips on purchase apart from the price negotiation stuff itself. Please provide your valuable thoughts

* Picking the car: Do I have a say on the VIN# I want among the ones they have in stock, if there are multiple
* Should I test each and every feature/accessory after test driving the specific unit, prior to signing ?
* Does it make sense to buy simple stuff like cargo holder, mats online or get it from dealer itself ?
* Anything else ?

thanks.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Re the VIN#, why would you want a choice? Surely the colour & spec would suffice?

There's no real need to double check everything, all tho there's nothing wrong with doing so. Anythings that's not perfect would be fixed under warranty any way.

How about looking at genuine prices v's aftermarket prices.

When it comes to simple things like genuine floor mats, they will probably charge you a fitting charge ( they do in Australia)

Old 12-12-2015, 04:14 AM

Honestly dealerships are a rip off for the most part with accesories. Haggle for the accesories you want with the vehicle. See if they will throw them in for free upon purchase. The navigation sd is one really marked up accesory. Apparently if your driving in a test car you can just pop the one in there and re locate to your car and it will work though. If you get the opportunity to do so. But ebay sells them for very low. Welcome to the CX-5 family and congrats on your purchase!