Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner with 23' CX-5 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by GenericUsername
What is the brand of these mats? (Sorry, new to forum, Callisto, "This is another very high quality mat for a Mazda similar floor plan")
3D® Mats USA Official (3dmatsusa.com)

Old 09-16-2023, 12:54 PM

Thanks! Need to upgrade the mats on the red CX-5 I got last week

Old 09-21-2023, 08:56 AM

Got the mats yesterday and put them in today. Fitment is really good. Snapped into place easy and I dont see them moving at all. They are kinda plain looking but that's personal opinion...as long as they hold up and contain debris they are well worth it. Got front and 2nd row.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:00 AM

Old 09-21-2023, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Snakecharmer383
Got the mats yesterday and put them in today. Fitment is really good. Snapped into place easy and I dont see them moving at all. They are kinda plain looking but that's personal opinion...as long as they hold up and contain debris they are well worth it. Got front and 2nd row.

Mine are over 3 years old and have been through cold, hot, snow, mud ,rain and dirt.
It is sorta funny seeing nothing under the lower dash covers. I forgot how empty that space was waiting for additions.

I just snapped these picture for the response a few minutes ago.

Last edited by Callisto; 09-21-2023 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:37 AM
Default First oil change

Our first oil change was at 8000 kilometers, as dealer said it had break in oil that needed to stay in to help the break in process.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Martman
Our first oil change was at 8000 kilometers, as dealer said it had break in oil that needed to stay in to help the break in process.
Ive never heard of break in oil.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Snakecharmer383
Ive never heard of break in oil.
I'm curious about that as well.
It was common in my new air-cooled high rev motorcycles back in the day, it was of different viscosity and had some other components in it and was changed out at 500 miles.
But I have never had a car/truck that "specifically" had a break in oil when purchased.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:40 AM

There really is no such thing from MAZDA.

Maybe someone misunderstood?
The first oil change based on *oil analysis the engine oil and filter should be change ASAP or at least by the first 3,000 miles (sooner is better). This is to drain out those assembly lubricants and also the first large number of particles that are normal with a new factory engine which include and not limited to copper , steel, aluminum, iron etc.

Hey but its your engine and you can follow the suggested oil and filter guide or be prudent and do a early first oil and filter service? Neither will negatively affect the WARRANTY, but one may be better for a lifetime of no issues for your engine.

This is not an opinion but rather fact and all you need do is get your oil analyzed and post up what is found!

Blackstone Laboratories Blackstone Laboratories (blackstone-labs.com)

Oh and the Automatic transmission are worse than the engines when it comes to serving the oil and filter in that the manufactures of many claims NO SERVICE or LIFETIME no service needed. LOL
Also proved by oil analysis those 2 statement of serving are not exactly in the best interest of the consumer.
Transmission | Blackstone Laboratories (blackstone-labs.com)

Old 09-26-2023, 02:43 PM

I am going to have my transmission fluid changed at 30k, possibly get it analyzed and see what I want to do from there.

Quick Reply: New Owner with 23' CX-5 Turbo