Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner with 23' CX-5 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm still deciding on mats, for now im using old rubber un fitted mats and took the carpet ones out. I go for tint tomorrow and ill probably go with 20% on front to match the rear. Im stil undecided on getting the windshield brow at top. Idk how far to come down. I tint all my vehicles but never did this yet.

I want mud flaps for winter but oem prices are crazy. Want something suttle but does a good job. I may take them off in summer.

Im thinking about ppf on hood (tint place has a sale now) depending on price. Alsi think ppf on door sills and rear trunk protector area. I have not found any door sills or trunk protwctors I liked yet.

I have 225 miles on this half tank of gas and Im getting 23.3 mpg. Im figuring it will get better as engine loosens

up...at least i hope so.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:04 PM

If you have time to waste, check out the thousands of accessories
for CX-5s on e-bay. You may find mud guards you like there.
Hood struts are great add on as well.

My 2¢

Old 09-14-2023, 11:05 PM

HIGHLY recommend PPF. I had it put on mine before I would drive it. Get at least the front of the car done to the front doors. You will thank me later. Also get the phone holder which attaches between the air vents unless you use wireless connection. Enjoy it! Mine gets mileage like yours (~24MPG) after 19k miles. Hasn't improved for me. Others on the forums report as high at 28mpg for the turbo. I never get that kind of mileage. I like Oedro mats for cost/quality.

Old 09-15-2023, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
HIGHLY recommend PPF. I had it put on mine before I would drive it. Get at least the front of the car done to the front doors. You will thank me later. Also get the phone holder which attaches between the air vents unless you use wireless connection. Enjoy it! Mine gets mileage like yours (~24MPG) after 19k miles. Hasn't improved for me. Others on the forums report as high at 28mpg for the turbo. I never get that kind of mileage. I like Oedro mats for cost/quality.
I looked at those mats also. Price is good but the left side on driver's side doesnt look to go to me. Gap and it isnt raised up enough.

Old 09-15-2023, 07:44 AM

That photo is misleading. It covers quite nicely.

Old 09-15-2023, 08:25 AM

Anyone have a picture? I like the price as long as it covers the area.

No tint today Guy messed up schedule. Good thing is its free when i get it done.

Old 09-15-2023, 03:49 PM

Most every mat available in that type design are relatively all the same on the left side of the mat. To accomplish what you are looking for in this style mat is not reasonably an easy mat to manufacture for good fitment.
This is another very high quality mat for a Mazda similar floor plan .

Old 09-16-2023, 10:08 AM

I have these^^^^^
And they are fantastic.

Old 09-16-2023, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by climbinglife
I have these^^^^^
And they are fantastic.

You may notice I covered the name... Thier new emblem get badly scratch so I would rather have it look nice when I go to Auto events and cover it for normal daily driving.

Old 09-16-2023, 12:23 PM

What is the brand of these mats? (Sorry, new to forum, Callisto, "This is another very high quality mat for a Mazda similar floor plan")

Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-16-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: New Owner with 23' CX-5 Turbo