Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Map Update - Feb 2021

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 10:09 AM

How and where in the app? The info where it says version: month year?

if so, that can’t be it because a user said there is no such thing as a November 2020 update so perhaps that’s the version of the app?

let’s try and get more data points, if yours is updated to the latest, could you tell me what version you see in your toolbox and what car and year you drive?

if you have a picture of where your looking that would be great

Old 03-14-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by g3lo
How and where in the app? The info where it says version: month year?

if so, that can’t be it because a user said there is no such thing as a November 2020 update so perhaps that’s the version of the app?

let’s try and get more data points, if yours is updated to the latest, could you tell me what version you see in your toolbox and what car and year you drive?

if you have a picture of where your looking that would be great
The Nav subscription in my CX has expired so that info wouldn't do you any good. I still have two more updates available on the subscription in my MX. When I do that update I'll report back here and let you know.

The last time that I did the update on the MX I'm pretty sure that the Mazda Toolbox gave me the current version info along with info on the available update version. I know that the Mazda Toolbox has been updated since I used it to update a card so maybe this has changed.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
The Nav subscription in my CX has expired so that info wouldn't do you any good. I still have two more updates available on the subscription in my MX. When I do that update I'll report back here and let you know.

The last time that I did the update on the MX I'm pretty sure that the Mazda Toolbox gave me the current version info along with info on the available update version. I know that the Mazda Toolbox has been updated since I used it to update a card so maybe this has changed.
Check with your Dealer for latest Updates.

Old 03-26-2021, 11:25 AM

Check with your Dealer for the latest Update. I would have to take the SD Card from my car, etc. to check version. It did Update my car.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:34 PM

The dealer told me i need to call corporate, corporate told me I need to call handsfree blue tooth support, handsfree Bluetooth support told me to call dealer, and the cycle repeats.

0 support for 2021

Old 03-27-2021, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by RonBeck
Check with your Dealer for latest Updates.
Originally Posted by RonBeck
Check with your Dealer for the latest Update. I would have to take the SD Card from my car, etc. to check version. It did Update my car.
The dealer told me i need to call corporate, corporate told me I need to call handsfree blue tooth support, handsfree Bluetooth support told me to call dealer, and the cycle repeats.

0 support for 2021
Why would I check with my dealer? The system is designed so that the end user takes care of the updates on their own. The dealer is not involved and will tell you the same.

If you would like to update your maps you'll have to have the Mazda Toolbox installed on your computer and you'll also have to have a SD card reader/writer on the computer.

Go here and enter the requested info. Mazda Connect (mazdahandsfree.com)

After you entered the info on your CX look near the top of the screen and click on the Navigation link. Then near the bottom of the screen you'll find Update My Maps and a link Learn More, click that. Now you'll see the button to download the Mazda Toolbox and over on the right side you'll see the button for instructions.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:36 AM

Why would I check with my dealer? The system is designed so that the end user takes care of the updates on their own. The dealer is not involved and will tell you the same.

If you would like to update your maps you'll have to have the Mazda Toolbox installed on your computer and you'll also have to have a SD card reader/writer on the computer.

Go here and enter the requested info. Mazda Connect (mazdahandsfree.com)

After you entered the info on your CX look near the top of the screen and click on the Navigation link. Then near the bottom of the screen you'll find Update My Maps and a link Learn More, click that. Now you'll see the button to download the Mazda Toolbox and over on the right side you'll see the button for instructions.

followed instructions way before this post, hence contacting dealer, corporate, handsfree, here, tomtom, no one is taking responsibility to support.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:58 AM

followed instructions way before this post, hence contacting dealer, corporate, handsfree, here, tomtom, no one is taking responsibility to support.
Including info in your sig on what car you have would be helpful.

You mentioned TomTom, is your CX a 2015 or older? The newer models don't use TomTom

Old 03-27-2021, 11:15 AM

CX-5 2021 brand new

Handsfree Mazda said to call TomTom and Here to get support hence why I called them. Mazda is kind of incompetent and inexistent when it comes to servicing issues on brand new technology. May have to take it further to public since no one is competent anywhere with Mazda specifically. Some dont even know that 2021 exists.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:15 AM

Also, Here confirmed its TomTom and TomTom confirmed its Mazda Dealer. lol I have written evidence from all parties.

Quick Reply: New Map Update - Feb 2021