Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
My old pickup bad a folding bench seat, and boy do I miss that...
I liked how bench seats rode back in my high school days.
And that was without starting the engine

Old 12-18-2023, 01:24 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha ^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Default Didnt break in

The seats in my 2023 Cx5 Carbon edition look a whole lot better than they sit. After over a year my seats are still stiff and uncomfortable. I was hoping they would break in ,but they didn't . Im thinking about taking the cover off and having a 2 inch piece of memory foam in the seat. IMHO Mazda missed the boat on the seats,and the brakes . Back in the day i had a few cars with bench seats ,i still have fond memories of my 1962 Ford Galaxy Sunliner 406 tripower 4 speed with a vinyl seats on dates .IMHO Mazda should improve the Seats and brakes in the CX5,even if it raises the price a couple hundred dollars.

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-20-2023 at 02:05 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-20-2023, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
The seats in my 2023 Cx5 Carbon edition look a whole lot better than they sit. After over a year my seats are still stiff and uncomfortable. I was hoping they would break in ,but they didn't . Im thinking about taking the cover off and having a 2 inch piece of memory foam in the seat. IMHO Mazda missed the boat on the seats, and the brakes . Back in the day i had a few cars with bench seats ,i still have fond memories of my 1962 Ford Galaxy Sunliner 406 tripower 4 speed with a vinyl seats on dates .IMHO Mazda should improve the Seats and brakes in the CX5,even if it raises the price a couple hundred dollars.
I might suggest to apply leather condition about every 4-6 weeks. That will soften up the leather and they will start to contour more for your body type.
The Ford Galaxy of that year was a TANK... very KOOL as I had one myself for a short time before trading it off. And yes for dating it was one of the better rides to have!

Old 12-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Default Tried

I have been using this ,but still stiff . https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BAgDEBc&adurl=
I think it's the combination of the so called leather and foam Mazda used. I believe Mazda used Water Buffalo hide instead of the more expensive top grain, cow/steer Leather to save money. They can call any hide of an animal leather . I have gotten hell from the wife for using the conditioner ,because she claims it smells funny and has stained her cloths . I let it soak in over night and wipe it dry the next day. It doesn't smell funny in the bottle,but after you apply it to the seats it doe's. In retrospect i should have went with moe expensive Turbo signature napa leather and the turbo for more comfort and power .

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-20-2023 at 03:06 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-20-2023, 03:06 PM

I have been using this ,but still stiff . https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BAgDEBc&adurl=
I think it's the combination of the so called leather and foam Mazda used. I believe Mazda used Water Buffalo hide instead of the more expensive top grain, cow/steer Leather to save money. They can call any hide of an animal leather . I have gotten hell from the wife for using the conditioner ,because she claims it smells funny and has stained her cloths . I let it soak in over night and wipe it dry the next day. It doesn't smell funny in the bottle,but after you apply it to the seats it doe's.
LOL

That is a top leather condition you use! I use Dress-It-Creme by Protectant. Smells good, expensive and i use it on more than just the soft material and leather seat. When I wash my engine, I DRESS_IT lol and when I pressure wash the suspension parts I DRESS-IT needless to say I buy it by the gallon. The rep always laughs when I tell him all I use it for.
Smells really good as well and it does not stain other material.

Old 12-20-2023, 03:13 PM
Wink I miss the 60's

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I liked how bench seats rode back in my high school days.
And that was without starting the engine
And with the bench seat and without the console the possibilities were unlimited parked or driving . Those of us who were there and very fondly remember ,you know what i mean .

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-20-2023 at 03:15 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-20-2023, 03:24 PM

Old 12-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Default Happy holidays to all

I'm off to Idaho for some snowmobiling ,not taking the Cx5 ,the old 05 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd 4x4 is better in the snow , and my old 2019 Yamaha Sidewinder SPX Le fits in the bed. and the seats are more comfortable.

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-20-2023 at 03:51 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-20-2023, 03:43 PM

I'm off to Idaho for some snowmobiling ,not taking the Cx5 ,the old 05 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd 4x4 is better in the snow ,seats are more comfortable and the polaris Indy Evo snow mobile mobile fits in the bed .
How funny I am looking at a 2006 Silverado for the wife?

Have a great time on your trip!

Quick Reply: New CX-5 seat comfort