Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CX-5 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pep
I found a navigation card online. Should have it in a week and will update as soon as received and installed.
yes let me know how well it works. And a link once you get it. I have heard the 22 models aren't compatible with older units.

Old 02-27-2022, 05:44 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by skinnyb
I agree. I have a set of tires in my garage from my last car that I can't give away. I hope these last a while, I will definitely see soon, I drive 25-30k a year.
I drive about 25k per year. One other thing I don’t like about the tires is the grey-chalky color. They look like crap!

Old 02-27-2022, 07:42 PM

Beautiful car! Carbon Edition Turbo with red interior was my first choice, but, the boss told me she wanted the Soul Red with Parchment, and who am I to disagree? At least I got her Into a GTR, so I got a turbo. Big thumbs up to Mazda for making one of the safest cars on the road. Beautiful and sturdy, not every tough car has to look like a Subaru :-)

Re the tires, I can't wait until the toyos wear put so I can justify buying a good set of tires.. Hopefully, next year.

Plus 1 on the PPF. I also added a strip across the roof between the windshield and the sunroof.

Enjoy!

Old 02-27-2022, 08:19 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by AZCX5
Beautiful car! Carbon Edition Turbo with red interior was my first choice, but, the boss told me she wanted the Soul Red with Parchment, and who am I to disagree? At least I got her Into a GTR, so I got a turbo. Big thumbs up to Mazda for making one of the safest cars on the road. Beautiful and sturdy, not every tough car has to look like a Subaru :-)

Re the tires, I can't wait until the toyos wear put so I can justify buying a good set of tires.. Hopefully, next year.

Plus 1 on the PPF. I also added a strip across the roof between the windshield and the sunroof.

Enjoy!
Did you do all the areas that I mentioned plus that strip between the windshield snd the sunroof?

Old 02-27-2022, 08:21 PM
Pep

One other thing. Who if you had the red interior? I’ve never seen one.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:56 PM

I did all of that plus black PPF on the B and C pillars. OCD I am.

The Carbon Edition has a great red interior, at least for 2021, looks really good with the exterior, love it. But Red and white looks good too.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:02 PM
Pep

Originally Posted by AZCX5
I did all of that plus black PPF on the B and C pillars. OCD I am.

The Carbon Edition has a great red interior, at least for 2021, looks really good with the exterior, love it. But Red and white looks good too.
No photos?

Old 02-28-2022, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pep
No photos?
Mine is red and I LOVE it!

Old 03-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Pep

My 2017 had the navigation SD card and I forgot to remove it when I cleaned out the car. I can use Apple Play navigation in my 22 Carbon but also wanted the factory option. Paying the dealer $450 for an SD card seemed out of the question so I searched the web and located one on Amazon labeled "2021-2022 CX-5, CX-9 Only Mazda Navigation SD Card GPS" for $49.99. I installed it last night and it works perfectly.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pep
My 2017 had the navigation SD card and I forgot to remove it when I cleaned out the car. I can use Apple Play navigation in my 22 Carbon but also wanted the factory option. Paying the dealer $450 for an SD card seemed out of the question so I searched the web and located one on Amazon labeled "2021-2022 CX-5, CX-9 Only Mazda Navigation SD Card GPS" for $49.99. I installed it last night and it works perfectly.
Unless you cloned the card before installing it in the car, it won't work in another car anyway. After about 60 miles of driving, it locks itself to the VIN.

Quick Reply: New CX-5 Carbon