Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 PM

So I got to ask, going to tint the front windows? if so will you stop your wife and give her a ticket mr policeman? lol
It's a very nice ride. I was looking at them. Might have the wify trade up from her kia soul to the mx-5.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM

Short answer, if you want to avoid cops looking, do 50% tint on front windows to avoid problems.

I have 35% on my 2 fronts, and haven't had a problem over last 15 years. But it is a little dark in states where it's not legal. I have relatives in l.e. that can take care of fix-it tickets for me if the need arises.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by CX-SV
Short answer, if you want to avoid cops looking, do 50% tint on front windows to avoid problems.

I have 35% on my 2 fronts, and haven't had a problem over last 15 years. But it is a little dark in states where it's not legal. I have relatives in l.e. that can take care of fix-it tickets for me if the need arises.
Sorry my reply was ment for the OP. Being in the photos there is a police car parked next to the cx-5
lol

Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mazda3UR
So I got to ask, going to tint the front windows? if so will you stop your wife and give her a ticket mr policeman? lol
It's a very nice ride. I was looking at them. Might have the wify trade up from her kia soul to the mx-5.
Because of the weather and almost constant sunshine in the spring/summer/fall months, the laws are a little more lenient here in Texas, Keith.
Pa/NJ on the other hand.... well, you know.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Well as you can see what I do for a living the front windows are always left to what the law allows but the rest are always darker to help with the heat and sunlight for my son in the back. Most LE won't have a problem with it that way.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM

In California, we are not supposed to put tint on our 2 front windows. But in reality the enforecement is weak and sporadic. I never go darker than 35% on 2 fronts, it gives me additional UV protection from sun, privacy and safety (glass breakage).

Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Congrats! It looks so great in red! Mazda's mica/pearl colours are just gorgeous.