Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   New CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/new-cx-5-a-28756/)

vfrguy 03-05-2012 03:06 PM

New CX-5

5 Attachment(s)
I am a new member here, but today I went and sold my wifes 08 CX-9 GT and we got the CX-5 in the Touring trim in Zeal Red. I have got to say I am super impressed with thing. It arrived this morning and the salesman called to say it was in and we could see if this is the color we wanted. I think it is the best looking color on this car. Anyway on to the pics.

Attachment 5032

Attachment 5033

Attachment 5034

Attachment 5035

Attachment 5036

DomD 03-05-2012 05:54 PM

Very nice, let us know how you get on with it.

Glenn Stewart 03-06-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by vfrguy (Post 126275)
I am a new member here, but today I went and sold my wifes 08 CX-9 GT and we got the CX-5 in the Touring trim in Zeal Red. I have got to say I am super impressed with thing. It arrived this morning and the salesman called to say it was in and we could see if this is the color we wanted. I think it is the best looking color on this car. Anyway on to the pics.

Nice work! Thank you for photos.
How is it going so far? Have you tested fuel economy out yet?

vfrguy 03-06-2012 04:01 PM

As of now it has 87 miles on it and is a blast to drive. It's seems the more it gets driven the power it seems to have. According to the MPG meter we are getting 31.2 MPGs with 50/50 driving and states we have 305 miles till empty. The gas gauge just dropped the second tick mark.

bOLsAK3 03-09-2012 04:25 AM

Very nice! I wish I could say I like the color but I like my white one better!:p

I've been mostly driving city and I've averaged 27.9 on the computer. I have to wait until this tank is empty before I can post my actual average mileage. The only issue is, I feel like I've been hypermiling because I take it much easier on the road due to trying to keep that instant mileage meter in the 40's and 50's (for some reason that's become a fun thing for me).

virgin1 03-09-2012 06:46 AM

Very nice, vfrguy, and I DO like the color.
But I would also take a white one, or a blue one, though I prefer the sky blue over the stormy blue. Around here its helpful to have as light a color on your car as you can. I found that out the hard way, but some people never learn. :D
Anyway, I digress.

Yes please start a garage, and an album and certainly keep us informed as to how living with this model is going for you. It seems there are a lot of interested people in the CX-5... and I'm one, even if I never actually become an owner.

By chance, is your an AWD model? MazdaUSA mentions it in the literature, but they don't say much. Can you tell us what you know about them? (e.g. Only available in the GT, or Touring and GT models, etc?)
I know the base model "Sport" doesn't have that option and that it can only be had w/an auto trans. :thumbdown:

vfrguy 03-09-2012 10:57 PM

Oh trust me, I know all about the light colors too...from Texas too. But after looking at all of the colors the dealer had and the fact that nobody had the red one, plus that's what my wife wanted, that's what we got.

On the trip computer she's showing 29.7 mpg now and it's on half a tank with 215 miles. I'll post the real MPGs on the first fill up soon.

No ours isn't an AWD. Didn't really see the need for it in TX. The next thing is waitin for the dealer to call us once the DVD player areives to get it put in for the kid. I'll post some pics of that when it's done next week.

CX-SV 03-20-2012 01:18 PM

vrfguy - Great pics, truly a unique color.

jello212 04-03-2012 09:09 PM

Beautiful. That was the color I wanted, but the dealer only had the red with the beige interior. I'm a greasy Italian, so the beige interior was out. I settled for the grey. So far, it's been a dream.

CX-SV 04-09-2012 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic test